Chapter 66: Book tour

So, it's November, and Rory leaves tomorrow for the first part of her tour. She will head to Portland, Maine and it will end in New York City in six weeks. She is stressing about leaving the kids and me. 

I have told her I have it under control. We are going to have some bonding time with daddy. This is something she needs to do. I promised her that I would come to Boston, Providence, and Hartford of course, and we would be there for New York. 

She has talk shows and radio interviews in between her readings. She is really scared, and I know she will be just fine she is the strongest woman I know. 

We got married a little over five weeks ago. We are still newlyweds, and I am going to miss her like crazy. Our honeymoon was so fantastic. We spent evenings on the beach looking at the stars and the ocean. 

We took walks and hikes. We laughed so hard we cried. We went on dates even tho we are married doesn't mean we can't have date nights. We went snorkeling which was so much fun. We spent a lot of time in bed. We enjoyed our time together, but we missed our children. 

Since we returned from our honeymoon, Rory has had a lot of meeting to attend about the tour. So, I returned the first week, and since then I have been working from home. 

It hasn't slowed me down at all. To be honest, I have gotten twice as much completed at home with a two-year-old and an eight-month-old than I have in an office full of adults. 

Dad likes all the progress I have made and said he might just keep me working from home. That would be great because me and the kids love to watch the Disney channel.  

Miss willow is trying to talk. She has said mama and dada. She calls Noah Nohuh which normally ends with spit bubbles which is so cute. I love these two babies just the same as I will love my own kids. They are my whole world, and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

I have the perfect life with a perfect wife who I love more than life itself. My world begins and ends with Rory, Noah, and Willow. Rory walks into the kitchen and wraps her arms around his waist.

"Robert, I don't know if I can do this. What if you stop loving me while I am gone? What if they get hurt or need me? Only a bad mother would ever agree to leave her kids for seven months with a few weeks home each month."

He placed his hand on her chin and lifted it up to look into his eyes. "My lovely, beautiful wife. You need to do this for yourself. I can promise that I will not stop loving you but will love you more so when we are together it will be amazing. They will be fine, and if they need you, I will call you. You are projected to be in the number two place on the New York bestseller list this week. Your book is flying off the shelves. You have fans, my love."

"You promise you are going to come to visit me at least once every other week?"

"No, I promise that the kids and I will visit at least one overnight visit every single week. I have already spoken to my dad, and I am so far ahead that the two days I miss won't hurt anything."

"Okay, I know I have to go because I signed a contract and they have already advertised at these bookstores. Hey, I wanted to talk to you about us having a baby. I think we should start trying when I come home for Christmas break. What do you think? I mean even if I got pregnant, then I could finish the tour, and we would only be about six months along."

"Rory, are you serious? Yes, Yes, nothing would make me happier. When our baby is born, Willow will be about eighteen months or close to it. Oh, baby, you have no idea how happy you have made me. I love you so much." He picked her up and swung her around. Then he laid a soft tender kiss on her lips.