Chapter 5: Am I or Am I not, that is the question

It is very weird we landed back in San Fransico and we continued sleeping in the same bed. When we first arrived back at the suite. Shyly I looked at Finn and said, I don't know how I will sleep tonight.

He asks me why, and I replied well because the last three nights I have fallen asleep in your arms and now it will just be weird to be by myself again, alone in the bed. 

To which he replied that we could still share a bed if I wanted to because he felt the same way. He wasn't sure how he was going to sleep alone after having my company every night in Vegas. 

So, we decided that as friends we would still share a bed. That was three nights ago. I wake up in his arms every morning and he gives me a kiss on the cheek and we do our morning routine. 

We have breakfast on the balcony together as we read the morning paper. He goes for a run while I drink more coffee and read a couple of chapters from my book. I shower and am normally just finishing up as he returns from his run with more coffee for me and a smoothie for him. He showers while I get dressed and then spend the rest of the day exploring the town.

We return home after dinner, he reads while I write. We have a glass of wine and relax watching tv and then off to bed to do it all over the next day. I have already written three articles on San Fransico I have one left then I will head over to Los Angeles as he heads off to London and Paris.

Once he finishes his work across the pond then he will meet me in Los Angeles. Where we are going to do all the fun tourist stuff and I have two articles to write and I have two to write about Big Bear Lake. Then my work is done and I will return to Brooklyn. 

We are like a couple and we fit together perfectly. I had never noticed how sexy Finn really is but now I am trying to figure out how I feel. Am I or Am I not attracted or maybe even in love with Finn?

I really like him but then I wonder if he likes me that way. Could we be a couple and could he fall in love with me? If we did get together how would he tell Logan and what would happen to their friendship?

Every day we have been together I have felt my heart opening up to the possibility of a relationship with Finn. Sometimes when he looks at me I think he feels the same way. When I think about a future with a husband and Kids I can picture Finn. I was never able to picture that with Logan. 

He is going to London in a few days and I think I will talk to him when he returns. I mean we both travel so much if we traveled together we could make this work. 

How can I be in love with my best friend? I am so confused I need to talk to my mom she can help me figure out what is going on. I will call her when I get to LA so we can discuss my feelings. I know she won't like the fact that he is friends with Logan.

She was so happy when he and I split up she always hated society boys and was always afraid that if I married into that life I would be just like grandma Emily.

Just then the front door opened and Finn walked in. He looked so freaking hot in his orange shorts and grey tank. The sweat poured down his face and his hair was drenched from the sweat. He was standing there smiling.

"I see you haven't showered yet. Is everything okay?"

"Sorry I lost track of time. I will shower after you today, that way I can enjoy my liquid libations while you shower. Once I finish we can head out on our wine tour. I am really excited to go on these wine tours."

"Yes, love it will be fun. Maybe once you finish all your work here in California, we can do a week-long vacation in Napa Valley and do all the tours before you head back to Brooklyn. I mean if you want to and all. Okay, I am going to jump in the shower be out soon."

"Yes, that would be fun. Enjoy your shower Finn and I expect you to smell better when you return." They both laughed and he winked at her and went to his shower. 

Rory gulped her coffee down and was heading to her bathroom. Finn's door opened and he stepped out. He grabbed Rory's hand, twirled her around, and then into his chest. "Is this to your liking darling?"

"Yes, very much so Finn. You smell so much better without the stinky outside sweaty smell. I even like your outfit."

"Thank you, love so glad I have your approval. Now go shower so you will smell better and we can hit the road. We are driving the convertible so make sure you fix your hair to go with the top down."

"Yes, sir." She stood at attention and saluted as she stepped out of the way because he was going to smack her. 

"Alright, Gilmore you have one coming. I didn't realize a Gilmore could move so fast. Doesn't that go against the Gilmore code of no exercising?"  

They both busted out laughing and he took off running away from her before she could get him. They always joked and had fun with each other.

She had never enjoyed a man's company as much as she did while with Finn. She knew she was falling in love with Finn Smith her best friend and her ex-boyfriend's best friend. She was leaving for Los Angeles in three days. 

She had three days before she had to figure out what to do about her feelings for Finn. When she could talk to her mom. Her mom was always the person she talked to about boy problems. She would see how Lorelai felt, then discuss it with Paris and Lane. 

She finished showering and put on a cute pink sundress. She grabbed her jean jacket to go with it and some cute sandals that had sunflowers on them. She packed her brush just in case and a bandana to wrap around her head. 

Finn had on tan straight-legged shorts that were just above his knee, a peach-colored polo shirt, and white pair of Nike Airmax shoes with low-cut white socks. He looked so hot, Rory kinda stuttered as she tried to speak.  

"Ffinn we ccan go now. I mean are you ready to go?"

"Yes, love. Are you okay? You kind of stuttered those words. I personally have never heard you unable to speak."

"Um-hum I am fine and haha you are so funny. I mean you made me forget what I was trying to say. You look hot in those colors with your skin complexion, you are smokin. I think all the ladies will be checking you out."

"Why thank you very much, Miss Gilmore. Glad I was able to make you forget what you were saying, that is a great compliment for me. I only want you to be checking me out because today is all about us. We are leaving the phones in the car so that our full and complete attention is on each other with no interruptions. Did you send your mom a text letting her know?"

"Yes, I did. Did you send one to your parents? That is so sweet my Finny is giving me his undivided attention all day. I am so special." She was waving her hand in front of her face jokingly.

"Yes, and yes you are. Now, let's hit the road and enjoy the sunshine on the trip. Remember this tour is eight hours long. They will serve us dinner and we will be going to several vineyards." He held his arm out for her.

"Let's go." She linked her arm with his and they stepped into the elevator.