Chapter 18: Starting over

The wedding day proceeded as planned and everything looked beautiful The entire town showed up to celebrate with Luke and Lorelai. 

Rory and Finn were sitting together when Jess walked over and sat down across from Rory.

"Hi, I'm Jess a good friend of Rory's and now like her cousin. I am also her ex from when she was in high school."

"Hello, I'm Finn Rory's current boyfriend but was also an ex and I am also friends with her ex Logan. We went to college together."

"Logan, the blonde dick from Yale?"

"That would be him, mate. He can be a dick but he has always been a good mate."

"So, explain the ex but the now current situation to me."

"Well, we dated for about six months about, what two years ago love? Then she broke my heart and went back to the blonde dick as you call him and now we are back together for good now, right love?"

"Yes, Finny. His name is Logan, not blonde dick and Finn we have to figure out when to tell the boys and Logan about us and you know." 

"Yes, love I know. I am not sure when we can do that. We will have a lot of traveling coming up in the next few weeks. I mean that is if you still want to travel with me. I'm not sure when we can go to London and talk to Logan but we can take a trip to New York and break the news to Colin and Robert anytime you want."

Just then Paris walked over. "Hey, Rory, Finn it's been a long time. And you are?"

"I am Jess Rory's ex from high school but now we are cousins since my uncle just married her mom."

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you Jess Rory's ex that is now her cousin. Do you also live here in Stars Hollow?"

"No, I live in Philadelphia. I work at Truncheon Books."

"Oh, that sounds nice. So you like books like Rory?"

"Yes, I do. I have actually written a couple of books and am currently helping Rory write her book and hoping we can publish it."

"Oh, that's cool. So, Rory, you are actually writing the book about you and Lorelai? That is good really good. So, I haven't seen you in like two months. Doyle signed the divorce papers our divorce was final last week."

"Oh, Paris I am so sorry. I really thought you and Doyle would make it and yes I am."

"He made his choice and I made mine. So, Jess would you like to dance?"

"Okay, sure. Let's dance Paris?" He stands up and takes her hand and they go out onto the dance floor.

"I take it your ex Jess doesn't like Logan?"

"Nope, Jess and Logan got into a really big fight in college one night and that is when Logan thought we broke up when we had our fight and he slept with Honor's bridal party."

"Oh, that is the novel-writing douche he always talked about. He doesn't seem so bad but he does still have a crush on you."

"No, he doesn't we have been friends for years. We dated so long ago and we were young. I mean I live in a very small town I just ran into my other ex Dean at Doose's just the other day. Do you remember the meat party my grandparents had and we went into the pool house?"

"Yes, vaguely I remember we all walked you out and there was a guy standing by a truck and he dumped you. You spent the rest of the night getting drunk with us and then we drove you home in the limo."

"Yes, that was Dean. Anyway he is married now has three kids and his wife is pregnant again. He doesn't live here anymore he lives in Scranton but his parents still live here so he comes through town a few times."