Chapter 41: Rock-A-Bye Baby

Once we were in the room, the anesthesiologist came in and administered the epidural. Tristan changed into scrubs and checked Rory again to see how far she had dilated since they left their home. 

She was now dilated to seven centimeters. They put a baby monitor on her to monitor her contractions. Rory was freaking out, and so was Finn. 

"Alright, you are dilated to seven centimeters you are progressing very fast, so I think your son will be here in less than an hour. I am going to get a delivery room prepped. Would you like me to let your family know the plan?"

"Oh, wow this, he is going to be here very soon. Yes, please, and Finn you need to call Robert and Colin." She was a little perplexed and wasn't even making sense.

"Oh, love I am not leaving your side until after our son has made his grand entrance into this world. We also need to call your dad."

"Yes, ooohh this hurrrts. Hey, Tris how long until this takes effect?"

"In about twenty minutes the contractions and pain should decrease greatly you will still feel pain just not as much with the epidural. I will get the room ready, and I will be back in about fifteen minutes to check you again."

"Thank you so much Tristan for everything," Finn said. Tristan smiled and left the room.

Finn grabbed his phone and called Robert. It rang twice when Robert answered, "Hey, man what's up?"

"Rory's water broke Noah will be here in about an hour."

"Okay, I will throw clothes on, and Juliet and I will head to the hospital."

"Hey, Rob can you call Colin for me? I need to call Rory's dad everyone else is in the waiting room. I need to call him and then be here for my girl."

"Yeah, sure I will call him as soon as we hang up. We will all be there shortly. Tell Rory we are praying for a safe and healthy delivery. We love you guys, take care of our mother."

"Thanks, man and I will do. You know we love you guys too. See you soon, bye." He hung up the phone and called Christopher next.

"Hello."

"Hey, Chris it's Finn. I wanted to let you know Rory's water broke and we are at the hospital now. The doctor said she is progressing very fast and Noah should be here within the hour."

"Alright, I am heading out the door now. May I speak to Rory?"

"Baby, your dad would like to talk to you." I put the phone on speaker and held it up to her.

"Hey, dad."

"Hey, kiddo I am leaving now and will be there shortly. Hey, Ror I love you sweetheart, and I will see you soon."

"Tthankkks dad, I looove youuu toooooo. Oh My God, Finn, this hurts soo bad."

"I know baby. Alright, Chris, we will let you know once your grandson is born, be safe, bye." He hung up the phone. "I am sending Paris a message to let her know you are in labor."

     "Hey, Paris and Jess Rory is in the hospital in labor baby will be here soon!!"   

"Alright, everyone has been notified now I am all yours. Let me grab a wet washcloth to cool you down. Would you like some ice chips or anything?"

"Thank you, ice chips would be greeeeat. Holy shit this hurts. What my mom described as sitting on a crate of dynamites is so true. I feel as if my vagina is being torn."

Finn leaned over and kissed her, "I am sorry love. I will be right back with a washcloth and your ice chips. Rory, I love you, and I am so sorry. I don't like to see you in pain this hurts me." His eyes were filled with water.