Chapter 13: I can't do this anymore

Six months later:

Rory is still being pushed back for her meeting with Conde Nast. Naomi is being a major pain and Logan is still Logan. She sees Paul when she is in Connecticut; otherwise, half the time she forgets to call or text him. 

She is having a really hard time she has finally found her lucky outfit it was in her mom's closet. She has boxes at Paris's, Lane's, her grandma's, her mom's, and Logan's flat in London. 

Colin had his knee surgery last month but she hasn't spoken to him or the boys in a couple of months. Not even Finn her best friend. He got a little upset when he heard that she had a boyfriend and Logan was still seeing that girl and yet they were sleeping with each other. 

Logan had told Finn about everything not knowing that Finn was the boyfriend she had broken up with. They had gotten together last month and all got drunk. Logan told them everything about how he loved Rory but she was the one that came up with the Vegas deal and he didn't like it but at least he could have her in his life some way even if it wasn't the way he really wanted. 

Finn tried to ignore him the best he could and even walked outside to get away from everyone. He wanted her all of her. He wanted to have her in his arms again, he wanted to listen to her soft breathing as she slept in his arms, he wanted to make love to her, and hold her afterward as they drifted off to sleep.

She was the only woman Finn had ever slept in the same bed with he has slept with a few girls one nightstands and then he left and never looked back. He knew that Rory was having a hard time right now. 

He had heard from Colin that she was out of a job and even considered moving back in with her mom. She had been crashing on Paris's couch or Lane's when she wasn't in London with Logan. 

She was doing so good in life before she fell back in with Logan and now her life everything she had worked for is gone because of Logan. 

He wanted to walk back in there and just punch his lights out. He had ruined Rory's life. She was working for Conde Nast she was traveling and loving her job and he thought she had loved him too. 

Now she has no job she hates this woman she is trying to write a book about. She is sleeping on other people's couches and her life has gone down the drain. 

Rory had taken a meeting with this magazine about lines. They wanted her to do a piece on lines and why people stand in them when half the time they don't even know why they are standing there. 

So she had talked to her mom and she was going to New York and going to stand in lines with them. Her mom had agreed to join her and they had stood in all these lines but Lorelai, of course, got everything without really standing in line. She had gotten the cronut called a crodough cake and the shoes. The last place she was going was a sci-fi convention and Lorelai had decided not to attend that one. 

Rory somehow managed to sleep with a guy in a Wookie costume. She felt bad and went back to the room and told her mom that she had just hooked up with this guy.

Four months later:

Rory is battling her decision to end things with Logan while they are eating dinner and Mitchum walks over. 

Mitchum walks over, "Hey Logan, Hey Rory."

"Hey, dad we were just having lunch since Rory is heading back to the states."

"Oh, that is good. Amazingly, his fiancee lives in Paris."

"Oh, yea that is crazy. We are just two old friends catching up."

"Listen I heard you talking about Conde Nast do you need me to call them so they will keep their next appointment with you?"

"No thank you. That is very nice of you Mitchum but I can handle them."

"Okay, Rory but if you ever need me to call them just let me know. You guys enjoy your meal. It was a pleasure seeing you again Rory. See you later son." He walked off. 

Rory sat there thinking of the words Mitchum had just said. Logan is engaged, I am the other woman. I have a boyfriend as well. They finished lunch and she headed back to the states.

She had called Logan about coming back up early and spending some extra time with him since she was no longer working on the book deal with Naomi. He had told her that he could put her up at a hotel.

That is when she realized that his fiancee had moved in with him. She didn't want to be kept hidden in a hotel and she realized this had to end.

She called Logan and told him it was over and she couldn't do this any longer. Then every time she would get stressed she would call him. 

A couple of months later. She had taken a job at the Stars Hollow gazette. She had been talking to her friend Jess about doing something else. He had given her the idea of writing a story about her and her mother. 

She would still call Logan and she had hung up on him several times. Logan realized they didn't end the relationship the right way and he called Colin, Robert, and Finn. They had made plans to take Rory out. 

It killed Finn to know he was about to see the woman he loved but that Logan had set this up. He wasn't sure he could stand by and watch them together knowing that she had ended things with him. She still had a boyfriend.

They had set their schedules to arrive and set up some pretty cool things to freak Rory out. She had no idea. Colin had recovered from his surgery and was doing pretty well now. 

Logan could only fly in for the day because he couldn't let Odette find out about Rory. He was scheduled to fly back to London at Noon the next day. 

They could have the evening and maybe she would take his offer. If she did then they could still see each other. 

He joined the guys and they had gotten their costumes and he picked out a blue long jacket for Rory and a hat to wear. 

The guys had set everything up and he figured she would freak out. They had been watching her as she had walked down the road to Luke's for dinner.

Earlier in the day when she fired up her old computer, it said get ready. She was very confused by this and asked Joe if he had sent her an email by mistake. She then noticed a sign on Kirk's pet Petals that said kick up a rumpus.  

Later that evening, When she was coming back the sign changed from flowers to tonight. Then a guy on a unicycle wearing a top hat says, "by the pricking of my thumb, something wicked this way comes."

Rory walks on and there is a bird that says, "Rory, Rory, get ready Rory, get ready Rory. To which she responds, "what the."

She walks to the door of the Gazette and it is opened. It is completely dark inside. "Hello, is anyone here, hello? 

She turns around and sees Ester holding a flashlight, "In Omnia Paratus."

"What?" Rory asks.

"Did I say that right? Yep, that's it." She leaves and Rory looks outside and sees three guys dressed in long coats and gorilla masks.