Chapter 34: Bed rest is horrible

Lorelai ran to her bed and hugged her daughter. "Oh, sweets you scared me to death. When your dad called and told me what happened I freaked out. I threw on my clothes and headed here."

"Thanks, mom but I am fine. They just did the ultrasound and said everything looks good right now. The doctor wants me to be on bed rest for the next four weeks to ensure everything is okay with the baby. He said I needed to let Tristan know. Just not sure if I should call him or wait until my appointment?"

"I would call his office tomorrow and let them know. He may want to schedule an earlier appointment to ensure everything is fine. So, bed rest for four weeks? That sucks."

"Yea, and now Finn is calling his dad and telling him that he can't train his brother because of me losing my balance. So, this is trouble for them. I am so clumsy and can't believe this happened."

"Oh, sweets you didn't do this on purpose. Accidents happen all the time I mean look at Sookie. Finn is really worried about you, and you can't think that he would leave you on bed rest and travel the world. I can tell you this because it is the truth. That boy loves you, and he will not leave your side. I mean you would be welcome to come home with Luke and me, but Finn isn't going to allow that to happen."

Just then Finn walked back into the room. Dad can't fly in to train Julian until next week. I do have some news I'm just not sure how you will feel and if you say no then it's no."

"Okay, well tell me."

"Well, Colin called me right after I got off the phone with Da and I told him what happened. He, Robert, Lucy, and Olivia are coming to Hartford to stay with you while I train Julian. I mean if that is okay. I don't know I don't think I can leave you."

"No, that would be great. I know Robert and Colin could carry me when I have to go to the restroom. That really would help, and then we wouldn't have to disrupt the training so Julian could take over. This is perfect, and mom can come up when to visit as well."

"Are you staying in Boston?"

"No, we are going back to Hartford the doctor said it was fine as long as I prop my feet up. I can't fly or travel for four weeks; by that time, Finn won't let me travel except by car. This one is very bossy mom."

"I am only trying to make sure that you and our baby stay safe. Rory, I don't know what I would do if anything happened to either of you. I can now see the baby growing, and I have to ensure you both stay safe."

"That is why I love you. You are always making sure I am okay, and our child is okay."

Finn smiled and grabbed her hand, "I love you too, Rory. That is my job to ensure you and our baby are okay and to always protect you both."

"Okay, you two need to get a room."

The nurse walked in, "Miss Gilmore I have a shot to give you in your ankle it will help with the swelling, and it is safe for the baby."

"Yes, ma'am. I am ready. Um, Finn can you come to hold my hand because I am sure this will hurt?"

"Yea, it can be practice for the day the baby comes. Holding her hand, listening to her scream, and don't forget to wipe the sweat from her face."

"In Omnia Paratus, ready for anything." He grabbed her hand and told her to squeeze. 

The nurse injected the shot and Rory squeezed Finn's hand. She started crying, and Finn leaned down and whispered in her ear. "It's okay my beautiful, secret wife. I am right here beside you, and I am not going anywhere my love."

"Thank you Finny. I love you so much." She kissed him. He used his thumb to wipe the tears rolling down her cheek.

"Alright, I am going to work on your discharge papers. We will make sure you don't react to the medicine so give me about half an hour or so."