Chapter 7: The time is now

Well, today is the day I head to Los Angeles and Finn will leave for London. He is flying me to LA and taking me to the hotel I will be staying in for the next month then flying out. He will be gone for a month. He did promise he was going to fly in for my last week here.

We are going to do the tourist stuff in Los Angeles he will drive me to Big Bear Lake and then return for his flight back for an extra week since he is coming back for a week to the states. 

We returned from Napa Valley two days ago. That was a really great time we had together. I really wanted him to kiss me when he helped me off the ground. 

I don't know sometimes it seems like he is flirting but then it's like we are just friends. I guess Finn just comes off as flirty sometimes. 

I have just finished packing my bags. I roll them out to the hall to see him coming out of his room. He smiled at me and my heart skipped a beat.

"Now, Miss. Gilmore I already told you I was going to carry your bags down. Is that everything from your room?"

"Yes, and I know but I know you have your stuff to carry as well so I wanted to help you. Finn, you have already helped me out so much I feel like I am taking advantage of your kindness."

"Never reporter girl. I enjoy having someone to spoil and do nice things for. You have made my self-esteem grow so much this last month. Constantly telling me how handsome and sexy I look and how sweet I am. I don't know how in the hell I am going to get through the next three weeks without you throwing compliments at me daily."

"Oh, Mr. Smith you will get by just fine trust me. The only problem I see is I have made your head so big it may not fit on the plane. I only spoke the truth, my dear friend. I promise to tell you nice things every day by text or when you call me. I am going to miss the hell out of you and you always being so nice and sometimes a major pain in my ass."

"I am going to miss the hell out of you as well Miss. Gilmore. Now, let me get these bags downstairs so we can hit the road and get out of this town. Now, remember I want you to spend several days at the beach and to enjoy your time. We are good you were able to get finished here sooner than expected so you only have two articles due and you have an entire month to get them completed."

"I know and trust me I will have them finished before you return. Alright, let's hit the road. The quicker you get there the quicker you get back."

He took the bags down to the living room and rang the front desk to let them know they were ready. A few minutes later the bellhop arrived and loaded their bags on his cart. Finn wrapped his arms around Rory's shoulders as they loaded into the elevator.

Their bags were loaded up and Finn turned in the keys. They slipped into the backseat and drove away. Finn noticed that Rory was very quiet. They arrived at the airstrip. They loaded onto the plane. 

Rory sat on the couch and there was enough room for him so he sat beside her. They buckled up and waited for the plane to take off. Once they were in the air Finn unbuckled and turned toward Rory.

"What is going on Rory? Don't tell me you are fine because I can see that you aren't. We are friends and as a friend, I am asking you what is going on in that pretty little head of yours?"

"I am just feeling empty. I mean we have spent practically every night together since Vegas and we have been together for the last month. I am just going to miss our breakfasts together, I am going to miss going on adventures with you, I am going to miss sitting by the tv at night being silly with you, and most of all I am going to miss my best friend."

"Oh, love I know exactly how you feel. I have been getting anxious all week knowing that pretty soon I am going to be so far from you. I am going to miss all of that, as well as your laugh, your smile, the way you talk so fast, and you are my best friend the one who makes my day so much better. Trust me I am going to call you so many times a day that you will end up blocking me. The only difference will be we will be on a phone instead of in the same room."