Chapter 61: Tonight's the night

Two days later:

Rory was released, and Robert sent Finn a message letting him know they were leaving the hospital now. Rory was already in the car and Willow was buckled up Robert checked her seat several times.

He climbed in and buckled his seat belt. He looked over at Rory who was watching him. He smiled at her and leaned over, and they kissed.

"Alright, let's get my ladies home." Rory smiled at him.

Robert had stepped up more than she had ever expected. He had helped her since Willow was born. He changed diapers, burped Willow, and even sang to her.

She realized why he ordered the two rockers for the nursery. She had thought most of the baby stuff would be left up to her, but she had been wrong. He was so sweet and helpful.

Rory was surprised when she heard Noah call him daddy Robert and Robert responded. She was glad that she had declined the tubal. She wanted to give Robert a child of his own and she would in a couple of years.

Rory and Finn's divorce proceedings had been approved since Colin was her attorney. He had brought the papers by for her to read at the hospital with Finn present. They signed, and their divorce would be finalized at the end of the month so less than three weeks. Willow was born on February 10, 2019.

They were all very happy Rory was reluctant to accept the homes that Finn had signed over and Colin was able to get Willow's account fully set up for her. Things were finally moving in the right direction.

They pulled up in the driveway and into the garage. Robert was stepping out when he saw Finn pull in. Finn unloaded Noah and Robert went around and helped Rory out. He then unbuckled Willow's seat.

Finn grabbed the bags from the back and Robert helped Rory and held Willow. They walked in, and Noah was looking at everything.

"Noah, this is our new home. What do you think?"

He was looking around. He walked to the back door and looked outside. "There's a pwayground, a pway house, and a pool mama. That's so cool. Can I see my room now?"

Rory smiled, "give mama a headstart to your room, while daddy Robert gets sissy out, and daddy can carry you up, okay."

"Okay, mommy. I be patient." Rory smiled and started walking upstairs. Robert removed Willow from her car seat and walked upstairs.

"Alright, bubba let's go see your new room. Are you excited?"

"Yes, I is very excited." Finn laughed at how silly his son was. Rory and Robert had a camera to record his reaction. Rory was sitting in a chair facing the direction Noah would come.

Finn picked him up, "okay buddy close your eyes and daddy will tell you when to open them okay."

"Okay, daddy. I ready." Finn opened the door and sat him down.

"Okay, open them, buddy."

Noah opened his eyes, he had a shocked look on his face. He looked at his bed and his walls, he had a playhouse in here, and all his toys were set up.

"Wow, this is so cool, I got roos on my walls, I got a big boy bed, a pwayhouse, and all my toys. This is the coolest room ever." He ran over to Robert. Robert knelt down and hugged him he wrapped his arms around him and lifted him up with Willow in his other arm. "Thank you so much, daddy Robert. It's the best ever."

"You are very welcome buddy, but also thank your mama and daddy. Mommy bought the furniture and daddy helped paint it."

He knelt down again to let him go, and Noah ran to Rory. "Thank you so much mommy I love it, best room ever." He then ran over to Finn, and he scooped him up. "Thank you, daddy, for helping paint it. I love it I really do. Can I stay in here and pway?"