Chapter 69: New arrivals

Two weeks later:

Rory had been lying down for the last fourteen days and she wanted to get up. She was so tired of laying around, her back hurt, and her butt hurt because she had laid on them so much.

The babies were bouncing around and jumping on her bladder. She was going to the bathroom every five minutes or at least that's how it felt.

Tristan had scheduled her an appointment every week until she went into labor. Today was the day she could finally walk. If she went into labor today, everything would be fine because she was due in two and a half weeks. 

She had made it further than most mothers carrying twins. Robert had been waiting on her hand and foot. He had done everything possible to make her more comfortable and cared for their other two kids. 

She sat up and got out of bed. "Where are you going, baby?"

"Um, to the bathroom, I can get up today. Tristan said I could walk around and go back to our normal activities. Meaning we can finally make love today. I am ready for these babies to be out and if I get pleasured to make it happen, then that is great."

"I know today marks the end of bed rest but I still want you to be careful. I think it would be too risky at this stage of pregnancy. All bags are packed and loaded into the Navigator and both of their car seats so we are ready when it happens."

"Finn and Lane have agreed to stay with Noah and Willow when it's time."

"I know we have some great friends. They are both on standby for the phone call. I am excited to meet our babies."

"Me too babe, now I really have to get to the bathroom." She waddled off and Robert lay there smiling. 

He was so lucky he had a great marriage to a great woman with two beautiful kids and two more on the way any day now. Life couldn't be better. He got up and went to check on Noah and Willow who were both sleeping.

He went downstairs and started breakfast for his wife and their two kids. He made eggs, bacon, biscuits, and gravy. He fixed their plates and sat the kids at their little table Then theirs at the big table. 

He heard Willow moving around on the monitor and started upstairs when Noah's door opened. He was rubbing his sleepy eyes when he saw Robert standing there.

"Good morning, daddy. Where's mommy?"

"Good morning bubba and she is in the bathroom. Breakfast is ready and already at your table. I am going to get sissy up then I will be back down."

"Okay, thank you, daddy. I love you so much."

"I love you more son." He hugged Noah and then went into Willow's room. She looked up and smiled as her daddy walked in.

"There's my little princess with her beautiful good morning smile. Good morning sweet girl." He lifted her up and hugged her. He changed her diaper and left her clothes off until after they ate.

"Dada hi morning. I hungy."

"Well, daddy has breakfast ready downstairs." He held her hand and they walked to the kitchen. Rory was sitting down eating and so was Noah.

Willow smiled at her mom and her brother. Robert sat her next to Noah. They all enjoyed breakfast. After they finished, Robert cleaned up, and then he took Willow upstairs and cleaned her up. He then dressed her for the day. Noah went to his room to play and watch tv.

Robert started dinner in the crockpot then he sat down with Rory and they were talking and laughing. Rory sat up really fast, "oh, my back has sharp pains shooting through it. I think I was up too long today."