Chapter 46: Results are back

So, the days went by very slowly. It had only been thirty-six hours since the biopsy had been taken but it seemed like forever.

Finn had done everything to keep Rory distracted. She had wanted to completely rearrange their living room and deep clean as they moved the furniture around. 

So, Finn did just that. They moved every piece of furniture except the tv. It was moved and cleaned behind then moved back. She decided she wanted her chair close to the fireplace so when the wintertime came she could relax by the fireplace with a book. 

Finn could picture her sitting by the fireplace with a cup of coffee reading a book. Looking so relaxed. They showered once they got the living room completed.

Rory decided that she wanted to organize and change out the kitchen. Finn handed her his black card and she sat down and ordered everything new for their kitchen. 

A new toaster, coffee pot, new pots, pans, utensils, pot holders, and canister sets. They will be delivered today.

Rory had decided she didn't want to worry or stress anyone until they knew exactly what they were dealing with. She even refused to call her mom.

Finn knew that Lorelai would never forgive him if something was wrong and he didn't let her know. He didn't want to go against Rory's wishes so he didn't contact her even tho he really wanted to. 

He realized he could live with Lorelai being upset with him but he couldn't live with Rory being upset with him. He cleaned and packed up all the old kitchen stuff and placed it in the garage. 

He and Rory had already deep-cleaned the Kitchen. She had also gone through Noah's clothes that he had outgrown and placed them in a box to donate. 

She was feeding Noah in the nursery. Finn walked to the nursery and watched his wife. She was bonding with their son. She was talking to him and he was laughing at her.

He loved how Rory was with their son. When Noah was awake he had her complete attention. He didn't mind sharing his wife with his son. Noah looked at his mom with admiration. 

Finn understood that look because that is how he felt when he looked at her too. She was a very special woman. He had fallen for her when he first laid eyes on her, Logan had fallen in love with her, and so had Tristan. Rory was a very hard woman to get over.

Just then his phone rang and Finn snapped out of the daze he was in. Rory looked over at him and blushed when she realized he had been standing there listening to her and Noah.

"I'm sorry, love. This is Tristan. Hello."

"Hey, man, I just received Rory's results. I am heading your way be there in fifteen."

"Thanks, Tristan we will see you soon. Be safe. Bye."

"I wasn't spying but I love to watch you bond with our son. Tristan has your results and is on his way over. Would you like me to change him? You can relax while we wait on Tristan."

"Thanks, dear. I will make some fresh coffee while we wait. Meet you in the living room." She kissed him and handed their son to him.

Finn rubbed his fingers on Noah's back. He walked over and laid him down on the changing table. He changed his diaper and got him dressed in a new outfit. He walked him to the living room and sat him in his jumper.

Rory walked in with three cups of coffee on the tray. She handed Finn his cup and grabbed hers. She sat down beside Finn.

"Alright, this is it. The moment of truth. Finn, I just want you to know how much it means to me the way you have stood by my side. Including rearranging our whole house without a question or getting frustrated. For that, I will always love you."