Chapter 32: History

The next morning Rory woke up as she smelled the coffee brewing downstairs. She rolled over and Finn wrapped his arms around her.

"Good morning beautiful," Finn said groggily as he placed a kiss on her head.

"Good morning babe. Did you sleep well?"

"I slept just fine as I have every night with you in my arms. How did you sleep, love?"

"I slept perfectly. All curled up in my husband's arms. There is no other place I would rather be."

They got out of bed and dressed for their next journey to Boston. Finn brought their bag down and placed it by the door. They walked into the kitchen and Emily smiled when she saw them enter.

"Good morning Rory and Finn. I hope you two slept well. Have a seat and eat breakfast."

Rory and Finn sat down across from Emily. "We slept very well, Emily. Thank you so much for having us. We have enjoyed our stay. After we eat we must be going tho we still have to go to Boston and tell Rory's dad the news."

"Oh, Christopher doesn't know about the baby yet? That's fine I understand thank you for visiting. Rory, you must keep in touch better. I will try to come up for the shower. As well as the wedding when it happens." 

"Oh, I am so happy you two finally got together. When you were young well Rory was barely a year old and Finn was maybe three or four years old I always thought that maybe one day. Now that day has finally come and I am so happy."

"Yes, we heard about that from his family in Australia. His family was really nice to me. I love his parents Noah and Grace are so nice."

"They are very nice people and I am glad to hear that they treated you well. Unlike those godforsaken Huntzebergers who think their crap doesn't stink."

"Thankfully my family is more grounded than the Dark Lord and the ice queen. They are very happy with Rory and me being together and they were so excited to hear about the baby."

"Yes, we are planning on spending as much time as possible after the baby is born in Australia. I loved it there."

"I couldn't agree more that Australia is a very beautiful country. Richard and I use to go spend time with your family  Finn, every year. That was prior to Rory and Lorelai coming back into our lives."

"Well, Emily we would love it if you could join us when we go to visit. I have several houses right on the beach and you are welcome anytime."

"That would be great Finn, thank you that is very sweet of you."

They ate breakfast and then it was time to leave. They walked to the door and Emily hugged them both.

"Don't be strangers and please keep in touch, Rory. I love you and I am really happy for you."

"I will grandma and I love you too. Thank you it really means a lot to me."

"I will make sure she calls at least once a week Emily. It was a pleasure to see you again."

They walked to the car and got in. Emily stood there and watched the Towncar pull out. Rory watched as her grandma walked back into the house. They picked Julian up and headed to the airport.

They were landing in Boston and Rory was really nervous. Julian was going to their hotel and staying there. Rory and Finn would join him after they left Christopher's. 

"Don't forget brother the king-size bed downstairs is ours you can have the king upstairs. My lady is pregnant and doesn't need to be climbing stairs."

"I know Finn. Calm down. I am going to the bar and I may pick me up a lovely lady to bring back so if you see a sock on the banister you will know I am not alone."