Chapter 25: Relaxing in New York

They arrived in Hartford with an overnight visit. They decided they would drive into the city rather than fly. 

The car was waiting when they departed the plane. Finn held Rory's hand as they walked down the stairs. He helped her into the car and they were driven to Stars Hollow. 

Rory had called her mom to let her know they were on the way. Lorelai was excited to see her daughter and she was even excited to see Finn.

When the car pulled up outside of her childhood home. Finn stepped out and helped his beautiful girlfriend out. Lorelai came bounding down the steps as Rory ran toward her they embraced in a hug.

"Oh, my beautiful loin fruit. Oh, how I have missed you. It seems like it has been years since I have seen you."

"Oh, my mother it does seem as if it has been so long when it's only been a few weeks."

Finn stood by the car smiling as they hugged and acted so dramatically over their time apart.

He unloaded their bags and set them on the porch. He held Lorelai's hand to help her up the steps and did the same for Rory. 

Luke helped with the bags and they all went inside. Finn saw all the food that was sitting around. Tons of junk food and Rory's favorite red vines. Chinese food and pizza. 

"Yes, dear sweet Finn. We are going to have a Gilmore movie night. Since my dear sweet daughter will only be here for the night. Then you two will be off to New York and then to Australia. I figured we needed to do a real movie night."

"That is nice. Are you up for a movie night dear? I know you haven't rested much since we left London." 

"Yea, I am good. I may only be able to watch one movie tho mom. I am so tired all the time. This pregnancy is taking all my energy."

"Just wait until the baby is here and you are so exhausted from no sleep. Once you hold that little baby in your arms it will be worth everything. You will love nothing or no one more."

"I know mom. I am just not sleeping well neither has Finn because he wakes up as soon as I do. I think I am just stressed."

"Let's change out of our flight clothes and then we can relax and watch a movie."

"Yes, I need to put on my pajamas and wash my face give us ten minutes. Okay, mom."

"Sure thing sweetie take your time get comfortable and we will be here waiting when you finish."

They walked into her room and changed their clothes. "Rory, can we talk for a minute?"

"Sure, baby. What's going on?"

"I wanted to talk to you about once we return from Australia. I want to officially move in together. Meaning I want you to pack all your stuff and move it to my Hartford house or New York house or where ever you want to live we will buy a home there."

"Really? You want us to officially move in together. Like the same mailing address and all?"

"Yes, I do dear. We are living together anyway and have since the day we got back together. Except now you won't have to pick stuff up from here because it will all be at my house, our house."

"Yes, Finn. Yes, I want to live with you. When we return from Australia and after meeting your family we can pack everything and move it to our house."

"I am so happy that we will be living together. I love you Finn and you make me so happy. I am really glad Logan is behind us on this because I would have walked away and never thought of him again if he wasn't."