Chapter 15: A Stars Hollow life

Rory's POV:

Right after she returned from New Hampshire and left the guys she received a text from Finn. He said he wanted to talk to her in person but he was heading to London for two weeks and then back to Canada for four weeks. 

After he returned from Canada he would stop and pay her a visit in person. He said he felt they had some stuff to discuss in person three days after they slept together Rory realized that she had missed a few birth control pills the previous week when she was sick.

She had been trying to get The Stars Hollow Gazette on track with very little help from Joe and Esther plus her mom and Luke's wedding was being planned.

Her grandma Emily had been bugging her mom about the upcoming wedding and waiting for her to cancel it again. I don't think they will this time. 

I really believe that mom and Luke will go through with the wedding. April is off in College and she was on her own until about four months prior.

She had been writing her book about her and Lorelai's life. She was staying at her grandparent's Hartford home except for the days she was needed for the paper. 

She has realized being away from Logan that she really missed Finn. That night in New Hampshire was the best night she had ever experienced. There was so much passion and love between the two of them. 

Until she walked away from all of them to be on her own. She truly only walked away from Logan and he had to believe that she was also leaving Finn, Colin, and Robert. 

They had sent her a few messages asking how she was doing and if it was okay for them to still text her. She responded back that it was fine she had to end it with Logan for good. Once she finished writing her book she would be in contact so they could meet up and hang out. 

She had received a couple of messages from Finn asking how she was doing and saying he was really looking forward to meeting up once he returned to the States. 

She had been trying to help her mom with the wedding and they were putting Kirk in charge of the decorating. The wedding was approaching very quickly and she was getting excited for her mom.

She was quietly stressing about the birth control pills she had missed. It had only been three weeks and her period was scheduled for the following week. She knew that Finn had not used protection and I mean Logan hasn't always used protection and they had been fine, but she had never missed her pills.

She continued working on the paper when her phone rang. She looked at the caller ID it was Jess. "Hey, Jess."

"Hey, Rory. I just wanted to check with you on how the book is going?"

"It's going really well. I have already written a couple of chapters. I will show you when you come to town for the wedding in about three weeks. That will give me time to edit and ensure the chapters are done correctly."

"Sounds good Rory. I am really glad you are writing this story and I am excited to read it. So, how is life going besides the book?"

"Well, I am living back with mom and Luke and writing at my grandparent's home in Hartford while I try to get my life back on track. I need a real job one that actually pays me."

"Is Taylor still refusing to pay you for working at the Gazette? Look I am going to help you talk to him and if he still refuses to pay you then you should just quit."

"I know and that is exactly what I am going to do. I would be making good money if I was doing the exact same job anywhere else. Joe and Esther get paid and so did Bernie before he retired."