Chapter 42: Stalker alert

He was scrolling through her Social Media. He had all her social media accounts. He knew everything they posted.

He was sitting there drinking his scotch and looking at their family photo. She was looking down at her son, and Finn was kissing her on the cheek.

This should have been him he should have been there with her. That should be his son. Finn is living the life that was supposed to be his.

He scrolled through their other photos and saw their life. Her sitting on the couch last week all pregnant and smiling at Finn as he snapped the picture. 

The pictures of them in her little weird town having their baby shower. Everyone was there except him. 

He scrolled down further and saw pictures of them in Australia. Finn had snapped a picture of her in a beautiful white sundress, and he was wearing khaki shorts and a teal green polo shirt. She had a bundle of sunflowers that he had bought her.

She was smiling and looking at him with so much adoration. If he didn't know better this could be their wedding photo if they were having a beach wedding.

He continued scrolling through the pictures and found the ones right after they got together. There were pictures at the gazebo in her town, pictures of them on another beach in Brazil, pictures of them in London, pictures of them with Finn's family, and pictures of them at Luke's dinner.

He went back to before they had met in Germany. There were pictures of her and several with Finn. 

There were pictures of her and Finn during his travels all over the world. There were pictures of Rory, Finn, Colin, and Robert in Las Vegas and pictures of Rory and Finn in Los Angeles. 

These are my friends and my girl. This should be me in these pictures, not Finn. There were no pictures with him except at the Life and Death Brigade event a few months ago.

I am stuck here while my friends and my girl live their life and even my cousin is in these photos. How the hell did my life change so fast?

He picked up his phone and called his wife. "Hey, I am needed in the states. I will be back in a couple of weeks or so."

"Okay, I will see you when you return."  

He hung up and packed his bag. He left the apartment and headed for the airport. 

He knew he couldn't let anyone see him and he would have trouble getting Rory alone. She just had a baby and everyone would be close to her.

The next day when he arrived, he checked into a hotel and tried to figure out how to get near her. He didn't want to scare her off, but she had to be alone. Finn would never allow him to even see her. 

He sat there scrolling through their pictures from back in college. The one where she jumped off the scaffolding with him, the one from the pub when we got arrested, the one the night we were going to my parents for dinner, several from when we lived together, and even my graduation pictures of us together. 

All our photos from London and pictures during the fall festival with the haybale maze. Pictures of us the night of her graduation party. The night our lives changed. 

I have to make her see what our lives could be like together. Their son is fairly complected, so he could pass as mine. If I screw this up, I will lose her forever. 

I have to find a way to get him out of the house and get someone to watch the baby. Maybe I can fool Finn as a night out and her the same. They will think it's a romantic gesture and that they are meeting up with each other and then I can get her and bring her back here.