Chapter 3: California dreams

Rory's POV:

I arrived in California earlier today and got checked into my hotel. I had already googled restaurants and coffee shops in the area. I ate dinner at City Chopsticks and it was really good. After dinner, I walked across the street to grab a coffee.

I was standing outside when I saw a car pass that looked like Logan driving. He had a girl with him but I think that was just my mind playing tricks on me. Running into Logan is my biggest fear ad I think that I just imagined it. 

Finn was walking back to the Hotel when he looked up and saw her across the street coming out of a coffee shop. Is that really her? Is that the one and only Rory Gilmore? He quickly walked across the street. She was standing outside the shop on her phone.

I was reading the posters on the window of the coffee shop when I hear a familiar Australian accent. "Have we met before?" Maybe it really was Logan that's just great. I slowly turn around and there stands a very handsome Australian man who is looking very sexy in his dark gray suit with a peach-colored shirt that goes really well with his complexion. I never realized how sexy Finn was.

"Finn Smith as I live and breathe. Still as sexy as I remember."

Finn blushed, "wow, age has done wonders on you, love. Even more beautiful and gorgeous than I remember. Rory Gilmore in the flesh. How have you been reporter girl?" 

"I have been doing pretty good. I was a little bummed when I lost touch with my three favorite guys but I am a travel writer for Conde Nast. I have been doing that since the Obama Trail ended. I travel all over the world for free and get paid to have fun and eat."

"Rory, we weren't sure where we fit into the Rory Logan split. I know it was hard on you to still talk to us and Logan needed us after you ripped his heart to pieces by breaking up with him at your graduation."

"So, was that Logan I just saw pass in a car? Is that what he told you guys? I didn't break up with him. He ended it and walked away. He gave me an ultimatum and I didn't say yes, so he walked away. He said that if we can't move forward then there is nothing left for us. I didn't even say no I said not right now. I mean I had just graduated college, and I wanted to start my career. Not marry him straight out of school and move to California."

"Yes, that was Logan and his lady for the night. Yes, that is what he told us that you broke up with him after turning down his proposal. He started drinking really badly it took us about six months to get him sobered up. I'm sorry we stopped texting and checking in, we were bad friends."

"I am in fear every time I come to California, London, or even Hartford. I can't see him he broke my heart and I can't face him ever again. I am glad he is doing better. I understand you were his friends first, I just thought that after two years of hanging out that we had become friends as well."

"Oh, Rory, love. I am so sorry, yes we are friends and that communication line is going to be opened right now. I vow to call and check in every week. Sometimes I may even call too many times. So love give me your number." He pulled his phone out and entered her contact info and her number once she gave it to him."

"959-555-2585, Finn you could never call too many times." Her phone started ringing, she looked down and smiled.

"Hello."

"Hello, love, it's um me Finn from Yale. I was just curious as to what your plans are for tomorrow evening?"

"Well, hello Finn from Yale, and I truly don't have any plans as of yet. Why what do you have in mind?"

"Well, my lovely friend I was thinking of taking you to dinner and maybe a walk down by the shore. We can have a bonfire and just enjoy each other's company and catch up over the last seven years."