Chapter 14: A wild ride with the LDB

"All be damned." She says as she walks outside. As they step through the fog. 

"Are you gentleman lost?" She asks jokingly.

They joke around with her. She looks at Colin and says, "how did your knee surgery go, Colin?" 

He responds with, "every single nurse was a man, when did that happen?"

They then joke about a meeting, scotch, a lot of scotch says Finn, that they decided.

"We had to come to take you out", Logan says as he steps out from the side.

He gives her the hat and the jacket. Then they run around town joking, play some golf on top of the buildings, watch a movie, shop at Doose's market and Colin lets it rain money.

They then go to a tango bar and Rory dances with Logan. Finn is watching them and trying to act like it isn't bothering him. 

He is dancing with a waitress and sits down, "martini darling two olives, and for god's sake hurry back." 

Meanwhile, in the back, Rory and Logan are sitting at a table behind a beaded curtain. "How's your foot?"  

"I do not think It's not broken."

"Well good." She says as she takes her champagne. 

"But you are a terrible dancer."

"Agreed,"

"But you are a beauty."

"Save the sweet talk Huntzberger."

"Well, you are."

"I'm not going dutch, so."

"Aw rats." He responds jokingly.

He asks her if she is glad that he came and she asks why he came. He jokes saying it is his turn to walk Finn.

They start talking about how her life is going and he apologizes for not telling her about Odette moving in. She says, "he owed her nothing their arrangement was when we are together we are and when we aren't then we are not." 

"I know but still I should have told you about her moving in." They talk about her mom and the book. He offers her a key to his family house in Maine for her to write her book, and she reluctantly takes it.

"Are you really going to marry Odette?"

"That's the dynastic plan." He responds.

Colin bought the club and started playing Rosemary Clooney. They both laughed at him and then drove to a bed and breakfast that Rory realizes when they arrived it was in New Hampshire.

It is those words that sealed their future. She could not and would not be the other woman. From here on out she would be friends with Logan but that was it.

Finn walks in the door, "Gentleman this is a raid, send down your women, your children, your hounds, and your horses."

"Shh Finn."

"I will not be shushed especially when there are horses and hounds at stake." 

"How the hell did we get to New Hampshire?"

"We turned left at Vermont," Robert says jokingly.

"We rented the entire place it's just us for the night," Logan says.

Finn is talking to a moose head and she is joking with Finn. Robert is searching for food and Colin is looking for Hugh Grant's stuff on the wall.

Logan hands Rory another key, stating he wasn't sure where they stood so he got her a room of her own. 

A true love Finn's storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें