Chapter 47: Surgery time

Rory is packing everything up for Noah. Lane is going to keep him so Lorelai and Finn can be at the hospital with Rory. Rory goes over her list several times. 

"Hey, darling you have packed everything that he will need for the next week. He is only staying with Lane tonight and then with Lorelai and Luke for the next four or five days."

"I know but I just want to make sure he has everything they will need. I'm scared, Finn."

He walked over and put his arm around her. "I know you are love, and so am I. You will be fine because Tristan is operating and he would never let anything happen to you. He loves you Rory and for that, I am thankful, because I know he will make damn sure you come through this fine. He couldn't live with himself if something happened to you."

"I know babe, I do but I am still scared. I know it bothers you to know that Tristan is in love with me. Just know this I am in love with you, you are my husband, and you are the man I want."

"Humm, you want me, huh? I know that Rory and I am so glad that you chose me to marry and that you love me too. Rory, you are my life. I mean if you wanted to leave me for Tristan I wouldn't ever keep you from being happy but it would kill me."

"Hey, none of that and that will ever happen." She rubbed her fingers across his face and kissed him. "Finn, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to grow old with you, and I want to watch our grandchildren play in the yard. I am not going anywhere and I promise you unless you ever hurt Noah or me."

"Finn, I know that it really bothers you about Tristan. So, to ensure that you are secure with our relationship. I will not sleep with him again. It happened once and that is it. Finn, I couldn't live without you either. You are my whole world well you and Noah are my whole world."

Finn smiled and leaned in and kissed her. He kissed her so passionately and before long they were up against the wall. He kissed her neck and went back to her lips.

"That was all I needed to hear. You and Noah are my entire world as well. Thank you for caring about how I feel and I love you with my whole heart. Now, let's get our son ready to go to Aunt Lane's."

They both finished packing and sat down on the couch. Rory was holding Noah. She was playing with him when the doorbell rang. Finn kissed Rory and then walked to the door. He opened the door and Lane was standing there.

"Hey, Finn is my little man ready? I can only imagine how much Rory is freaking out. I promise he is in good hands, remember I raised twins so I can take of Noah."

"Yes, he is and yes she is freaking out.  I know and that is why we trusted you to keep him tonight. Lorelai will pick him up sometime tomorrow. She is in the living room with Noah, I will go grab his bags." He walked to the nursery and grabbed his bags, bath ring, and jumper.

"Lane, is your car unlocked?"

"No, but here are the keys." She tossed them to him. Finn caught them and smiled at the ladies. 

He loaded Noah's bags and stuff into Lane's car. He buckled his car seat and locked her car back. He walked in and went to the living room. Rory and Lane were talking.

"I can't even believe that he would ever think that I would leave him for Tris. Lane, I am so in love with Finn. I have to say I am the luckiest woman in the world because he loves me."

"Well, Rory can you blame him? I mean Tristan is a hot doctor. Altho Finn is also a major hottie. Rory, you have a great life and I know that you would never choose Tristan over Finn. I guess he was just feeling a little insecure but I am sure he trusts you."

"Thanks, Lane and yes I am a lucky woman. I have a great man, a handsome son, and wonderful friends. I mean yes Tris is hot but not as hot as my man. Finn and Noah are my entire world. Thank you so much for helping us so mom can be at the hospital. I will make sure Finn calls to update you once everything is over. You know we will be calling to check on Noah."