Chapter 54: Please come back

Finn had not slept for the last three days. He kept waiting for his wife to call. He has drunk himself into a stupor several nights.

Noah stopped by to check on him again. Finn was in the shop building something. Noah was happy to see Finn do more than mope and drink that is all he had done for the last two days.

Finn seemed content, and Noah didn't want to disturb him. He wrote a note and laid it on the table and left.

When Finn had finished the first part of what he was working on, he came inside. He stripped his clothes off outside and walked to the shower. After he finished, he dried off and got dressed in just a pair of athletic shorts.

He walked downstairs and saw a note from his da. So, he had come by today as he had every day since Rory had left. He called her again, and it went straight to voicemail.

He was so angry he picked his phone up and sent a text to the doctor who was after her heart. (Tristan I need to talk to my wife. I am Noah's father, and I want to see my son. It has been three days since I have rights. I want to see MY son. If there is no response by six pm, I will have a visitation order drawn up and an emergency hearing. So tell her to make it happen.) He threw his phone down on the table.

An hour later another text came through from Tristan. (She said you are right and the problems between you and her should not affect Noah. Colin and Robert will pick him up this evening from my house and bring him over. He will only be there from four to eight. Then they will bring him back. Look man I am so sorry you two are going through this. I just want you to know she asked me if she could stay not me asking her. I have been trying to get her to sit down and talk to you, but she has heard you have been drinking a lot. Stop drinking and straighten up so you can get your family back together.)

Finn was happy he was going to get to see Noah. He had missed him so much. Tristan was right he needed to straighten up or he would lose her forever. Finn walked through the house and threw all the bottles away. He took them outside and sat the can on the curb.

He walked back in and cleaned the house from top to bottom. He wiped the walls and the doors and every inch of the house. He wanted it to be perfect when Rory came home. 

Meanwhile at Tristan's Rory is playing with Noah on the floor. She was worried about letting Noah go over to their house. Grace had told her that he had been very upset and drinking a lot since she had left. Grace understood why Rory did what she did.

She and Tristan have slept in the same bed but only had sex the first night. Rory had felt very guilty about sleeping with him. She was so overwhelmed that night after everything he had said to her and about her. She had acted stupidly she was going to make him wait a few more days before they talked.

Tristan can see that them sleeping together while she and Finn were fighting was a bad thing to do. He really didn't want to, but he wanted to not stress her out. So, he made love to her again, and since she has been so consumed with guilt.   

He has decided to take her out tonight for dinner while Noah is visiting his father. Hoping to ease the guilt and help her relax. He knows she was so upset and all the hurtful things Finn said, it was her way of getting back at him. If that is all she wanted from him, he would happily be her outlet. He had loved Rory since they were sixteen no matter what he would be there for her however she needed him.

The guys picked Noah up and drove him to Finn's. They knocked on the door, and Finn answered it. He smiled and grabbed his son. 

"There's my little man. Daddy has missed you so much. How have you been buddy?"

"Good. Hi, daddy I missed you too wot." He hugged his dad and kissed him on the cheek. 

Colin and Robert walked in and sat down on the couch. They were just here to help Ror and Finn get their shit together and ensure Noah was safe. Noah and Finn sat on the floor and were playing with toys when Colin's phone beeped.