Natsu x Reader: Forsaken [requested]

A/N: Thank you to lil_waffleowo for the request!

*******

There was something everyone knew about (Y/N): she didn't like being left alone. Growing up, she was always left alone. Her friends would distance themselves from her, leaving her to play by herself. In fact, everyone she knew left her behind. So it was no shock to see (Y/N) clinging onto Natsu like her life depended on it. She never liked being left alone, and she got antsy when he was away. When he returned from his jobs, (Y/N) was the first one to hug him and welcome him back. There wasn't a day where she wasn't hugging him, whether it be right before he left for a job or in the middle of the night. She was attached at the hip. Wherever Natsu went, (Y/N) soon followed. Being left behind all the time left her with an uneasiness around people, so she would try to get as much physical contact with those around her as possible.

"(Y/N)," Natsu laughed, "I need to go get something from home."

"You'll be back?"

"In a few minutes. Promise."

(Y/N) slowly let go of him, allowing him to wiggle free from her grasp and stand up from Team Natsu's table. He ruffled her hair before repeating that he would be back soon. (Y/N) looked unconvinced, but said nothing. Natsu quickly left, leaving (Y/N) sitting at the table with her hands folded. Lucy joined her at the table and set down her drink.

"So what's up, (N/N)? Any interesting jobs lately?"

"I was babysitting a couple of kids in Tuly Village."

"Where's Natsu?"

"He'll be back," she echoed.

Lucy noticed that her answer seemed to be more of an affirmation to herself rather than an answer to the question. (Y/N) tightened her grip on her hands and pressed her lips in a line. Happy landed on the table and faced (Y/N).

"Where's Natsu, (N/N)?"

"He'll be--"

She felt a weight on her shoulders. Natsu smiled comfortingly down at her before taking his usual seat next to her once again. (Y/N) wasted no time in scooting closer to him and wrapping her arms around his torso. Natsu started to pick at Lucy's plate from across the table, causing her to start yelling at him. He huffed and complained about how she never shared before turning to (Y/N)'s plate. She noticed his stares and tore one hand away from her steel grip on him to push her plate towards him. Natsu smiled wide and ate with his free hand.

"Hey (Y/N), did you wanna go on a job together?" Lucy questioned.

(Y/N) tilted her head up to Natsu, quietly asking, "Are you going?"

"If Lucy lets me," he joked.

The (H/C) haired wizard agreed and asked what it was. She got the details from her and came up with a loose plan to meet up by the train the next day at noon. They all spent the next couple hours hanging around. Everyone behaved as they usually did. Which means, of course, they didn't, and a full brawl ensued. Natus was, as usual, in the middle of it, leaving (Y/N) to anxiously sit at the table as she waited for him. He ended up smacked into the floor, twitching as Laxus's fist made contact with his back. (Y/N) was swiftly at his side and helped him off the floor.

"Are you okay?"

"Don't worry about me," he assured before puffing out his chest. "There's nothing I can't take."

Lightning sparked from behind him, and he was once again smacked into the floor.

"How about that, dumbass?"

(Y/N) helped peel him off the floor again and grabbed his hand, tugging him back over to the peaceful part of the guildhall. She held his hand tightly under the table as they all talked with each other. Her nerves were calmed as she felt him rub circles on the back of her hand. Natsu leaned towards his side and quickly kissed her cheek before turning back to the conversation. (Y/N) smiled to herself and leaned into his side.