Natsu x Reader: A Vow to You

A/N: Hey y'all! Requests are OPEN.

*******

This was all hard for (Y/N). Every day, every hour, every minute, every second. Everytime Natsu asked her for an opinion on something. Every time she was asked to help plan. Every time he started rambling about how excited he was. Her heart dropped, her stomach turned, and her eyes stung.

"What about this one?" Natsu questioned as he held up a tuxedo. "Do you think this one is good?"

"Why am I here? I'm not a guy, Natsu. I know nothing about suits."

"Yeah but I don't know anything either, so I figured this could be fun!"

(Y/N) sighed before going over to a small rack and picking one out.

"Here. Try this one."

Natsu walked out of the dressing room, playing with the collar. (Y/N) laughed quietly and walked over to him, gently placing his hands at his sides so she could fix the collar.

"You're wearing your scarf, right? The collar shouldn't really matter."

"I, uh...I'm not wearing my scarf."

(Y/N)'s face held shock and confusion as she stuttered, "What? Why? That's like, the most precious thing to you. Why wouldn't you wanna--"

Natsu rubbed the back of his head and explained, "I mean it is, but Lucy said that it should really be a formal wedding and my scarf kinda ruins it."

She rolled her eyes and tried to hide her annoyance and sadness.

"Well then I guess we better get you one with a collar that looks decent. Take that one off and try this one."

When he walked back into the dressing room, (Y/N) groaned and flopped down on one of the seats. She just wanted him to be happy. She wanted him to always have that contagious smile and that comforting laugh. But she also wanted the frequent sleepovers they had. And the "I was near your house so I figured I would come in through the window" days. And all the days that she fell asleep on his shoulder and she would wake up tucked into bed. She missed him, and he wasn't even married yet.

"Okay, this one feels really weird."

(Y/N) looked up, shaking off her thoughts, and laughed when she saw Natsu in the suit.

"Oh yeah. That's definitely not the one."

Natsu let out a frustrated groan and grabbed the next one to try on. Once the door shut, (Y/N) leaned her head to her knees and stayed there for a minute. She felt her nose sting, and she could hear her heartbeat in her ears. She tried to wipe the tears away when they started.

"What about this...what's wrong?"

Natsu was immediately at her side, crouching down in front of her to try to figure out why she was crying in the middle of the store. She sniffled and waved it off before looking at his suit and smiling.

"How do you feel in that one?"

Natsu looked at her for a few more seconds to make sure she was okay before he slowly stood back up and tugged on the sleeves.

"I mean, these are a little long."

"You can get them tailored."

"What do you think? Would you marry me in this suit?" Natsu joked.

Her heart broke, but she returned his laughter.

"I think that's the one."

Natsu cheered and quickly went back to change. They walked out of the store and Natsu overdramatically breathed in the fresh air as he admitted how good it felt to finally be out of there.