Natsu x Reader: Propose [requested]

A/N: Thank you to Ryoukimi for the request!

*******

Natsu didn't know a lot. But he knew one thing: he wanted to spend the rest of his life with (Y/N). He didn't know how to describe it. He just knew.

Natsu and (Y/N) had been dating for a couple years by that point, and it was no surprise to the rest of the guild that Natsu was planning on proposing. Everyone knew. Well, excluding two people. See, (Y/N) was obviously the first one. But it was Asuka that everyone was keeping in the dark. The little girl saw (Y/N) as a big sister, and she shared everything with her. Any secret that Asuka knew would immediately go back to (Y/N). Dangerous, so everyone agreed not to tell her.

Speaking of the two of them, (Y/N) and Asuka entered the guildhall, Asuka on the (H/C) haired girl's shoulders as she squealed in happiness upon seeing her parents. (Y/N) made her way to Natsu's side and gave his cheek a kiss before she wandered over to Mira at the bar. Once (Y/N) was out of earshot, Lucy slipped to Natsu's side and poked his arm.

"So," she slyly whispered, "what does it look like?"

"What does what look like?"

"The ring, you idiot."

Natsu shushed her before he whispered back, giving a vague description. Lucy seemed to approve, as she gave a nod and returned to the table. The fire dragon slayer joined (Y/N) at the bar, and Mira gave her usual smile towards him.

"So what's going on with you two lately?" She asked, already knowing the answer.

"Well we're redecorating! We're finally doing something with that big tree just sitting in the middle of the house. Oh!" (Y/N) chippered before turning to Natsu. "I was thinking we could go get some plants from that flower shop near the middle of town."

"Fine with me."

(Y/N) hopped off the stool and grabbed Natsu's hand, dragging him over to Team Natsu's table. They quickly jumped into the conversation, and they spent a couple more hours socializing before they decided to head back home. Happy had fallen asleep by that time, so (Y/N) gently picked him up and carried him back. Once they were all settled in the house, Natsu stepped into the bedroom and looked around discretely to make sure that everything was in place. He almost didn't hear (Y/N) come in behind him, which means that she had almost caught him holding the small box. The dragon slayer quickly hid the ring once again and turned around to face her and rubbed the back of his head when he saw the suspicious look she was giving him.

"What're you doing?"

"Uh, just taking in the layout so I can come up with ideas for redecorating?" He tested.

"Oh!" She chirped. "I was doing the same thing with the kitchen. Good thinking."

He let out a breath as she left the room, still shocked that she had actually believed him. But I mean, he wasn't complaining either. The box was stuffed inside one of his coats before he appeared back in the living room. (Y/N) was just finishing up dragging a potted plant into the corner by the door when she saw him again.

"What do you think of this setup? I was thinking we could have a bunch of plants."

"Fine by me."

-------

"So when's the big moment?" Mira pushed.

"Well I was thinking--"

"Where's (Y/N)?"

The two wizards looked down to where Asuka stood and then looked back at each other.

"Where's (Y/N)?" Asuka repeated, now tugging on his coat.