Natsu x Sad!Reader: Super Secret Strawberry Cupcakes

Natsu and (Y/N) were usually seen together every day. It was no surprise when they would walk into the guildhall together with Happy. It wasn't shocking when they would go on requests together (with or without Team Natsu). The three of them spent every minute together, so it was weird to Fairy Tail when Natsu and Happy walked into the guildhall without her. They sat down at their usual table and ordered food before inhaling it. Lucy and Gray were the first ones to break their stare and wander over to the fire mage and exceed.

"Hey guys, where's (Y/N)?"

"She's having a solo day."

"Solo day? Why's that?"

"Today's the day her teacher died, so she's spending it alone."

"That makes no sense. Wouldn't she want someone there?"

"No exactly," Gray commented. "I know I like to be alone when Ur's anniversary comes up."

Natsu nodded and continued eating. Lucy had continued, saying that (Y/N) didn't seem like that type of person, but the two guys just insisted.

"Well I'm going over there."

Natsu looked at Lucy funny before swallowing and protesting, "She said she wanted to be alone, Lucy. You gotta leave her be."

"I don't believe she actually wants to be alone."

Lucy had left to go to (Y/N)'s apartment and stopped in front of the door. She heard shuffling inside, and there was a clanging a few seconds later. Lucy took in a deep breath and softly knocked.

"Natsu, I told you I wanted to be--oh, hi Lucy."

"Uh, hi. I just wanted to check in on you. Natsu said it's a hard day."

(Y/N) crossed her arms and huffed before asking, "Did Natsu send you over here? Because I told him that I didn't want any surprises today."

"Uh, no. I came here because I was worried. Is everything okay?"

(Y/N)'s bright smile appeared, and she assured Lucy that she was fine before quietly asking her to leave so she could continue with her cooking.

"Maybe you can bring whatever you're cooking back to the guild when you feel up to it! It smells great."

"It's my mom's super secret strawberry cupcakes!"

Lucy smiled and wished her well before returning to the guild. She sat down at their table and sighed.

"Okay, you're right. She's fine."

"Told you. She wants to be alone."

"I do have to say though: her cupcakes smell great."

Natsu's ears perked up at the mention and turned to her with a serious look.

"Is she baking her mom's super secret strawberry cupcakes?"

"Uh, yeah. How did you--"

Natsu suddenly stood up and stretched before flashing his signature grin towards Lucy.

"Well I'm sure she needs just a little visit, right Happy?"

"Aye, sir!"

Lucy rolled her eyes and muttered, "You just want her food."

The dragon slayer told Happy that he would go alone and promised to bring back some for him, and Happy readily agreed before joining Charle at her table. Natsu made his way through town and quickly arrived at (Y/N)'s apartment.

"She won't let me in through the door, so..."

He had jumped onto the side of the building and peeked through the window to see (Y/N) facing the oven. Deciding to forgo knocking on the window, Natsu simply jumped in. After successfully infiltrating his friend's apartment, he creeped over to the couch and watched her carefully.