Psychopath!Natsu x Reader: Monday

A/N: Thank you to treqqpoinie112 for the request! Trigger warning: violence.

*******

It was a cold night, and (Y/N) had to wrap herself in multiple blankets to fight the chill in her apartment. Three blankets weren't enough, and she had already activated her heating lacrima, so there was little left that she could do. The tips of her fingers stung, and she couldn't feel her feet. Her figure scooted across the floor and to the day's newspaper. She flipped through the pages, but the front page of the newspapers was the same as it was for the past five weeks. A killer was on the loose, and every Monday a new body was found burned alive. They didn't know a lot about the killer, but they posed the theory that the killer was most likely a fire wizard.

"Good thing I'm not out tonight," she mumbled, looking at the 'Monday' slot on her calendar. "I hope everyone is alright tonight."

-------

It was Tuesday, and (Y/N) had run out of food for the week, so she grabbed her jacket and headed out towards the market. She looked around at the different meats and produce and grabbed what she thought she needed for the week. After it was all bagged up, she juggled the bags until she reached her door. They were dropped on the counters, and she quickly put them away. All of the food was unpacked, and it was then that she realized the missing fish.

"Shoot."

She checked the time, debating if she had time to run back and get some. After she deemed that she would still be able to make it to Makarov's meeting, she threw her jacket back on and shut her door. Her body slid between the crowds and ended up at the edge of the market. She spotted the fish and bought a couple before turning around to head back home. When she turned, she was knocked into, the sack of fish falling open. An arm reached out to catch her from hitting the ground, and when she looked up she was greeted by a concerned looking boy with pink hair.

"Sorry 'bout that," he apologized. "Didn't see you there."

"That's okay," she quietly dismissed, looking down to the scattered fish and sighing.

(Y/N) waved him off before walking back over to the fish stand. She felt a presence beside her, and when she looked, the same boy stood beside her.

"I feel bad about ruining your dinner like that. Let me make it up to you."

"Oh no, that's quite alright. You don't need to."

The boy didn't listen, and he looked over to the fish on the ground, quickly counting and paying for the same number at the stand. The bag of fish was placed in her hands, and she received a welcoming smile from him.

"What's your name?"

She smiled, introducing herself and echoing his question.

"Natsu."

"Well it's nice to meet you, Natsu. Maybe we'll see each other again in a more enjoyable circumstance," she joked before walking away.

"Oh yes," he mumbled, smirking. "We will."

-------

Wednesday came around, and (Y/N) was woken up by the screaming of one of the birds outside her bedroom window. She groaned and whipped the curtains back to glare at the bird, giving it a 'shoo' gesture and spinning around to dress for the day.

Yesterday, Natsu had discretely followed her back to her apartment building. Now that he knew where she lived, he stood across the street from her building and watched her from the window. When she turned to go back towards her bed, he slipped around the corner of the building he was leaning on so that he would be out of sight.