Lost in a Maze

"'Go into a corn maze' they said. 'It'll be fun' they said," (Y/N) sarcastically spoke as Natsu led them in a random direction.

"This is definitely the way out. Trust me."

"Natsu, you said that an hour ago. And I'm pretty sure we're going in circles at this point."

"No way. It's this way. I can feel it."

They both walked through the maze, hitting multiple dead ends. Natsu was, of course, convinced that he knew the way out. (Y/N) on the other hand was very skeptical, especially seeing as they had been in the maze for about three hours.

"Why couldn't we have gone on a normal date and have sex afterwards. Now we're stuck in this maze and--"

"We can still do that when we get out. We're gonna be out of this thing super soon."

"If you think I'm doing anything but sleeping after this then you are extremely wrong," (Y/N) stated. "Almost as wrong as you are trying to get us out of here."

"I"m telling you. This is the way."

"We passed by that scarecrow ten minutes ago!"

"That's a different one," Natsu defended. "The last one had a green hat."

"This one has a green hat."

Natsu chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of his head as he watched her expression turn dark.

"I swear, if you don't get me out of here we are never going on another job together ever again."

Natsu laughed and grabbed her hand, pulling her in the opposite direction.

"Great," her sarcastic tone returned, "now we'll go in circles the other way."

They weaved through the paths and eventually came to a new area.

"See?" Natsu countered smugly. "I told you it was this way."

"Actually, you said it was the other way."

He pouted before continuing to pull her along. They were met with another deadend, forcing them to turn around again. The dragon slayer led them to another unfamiliar path and they started to have hope. That is, until (Y/N) looked up and saw the green hat of the scarecrow again.

"Natsu!"

He groaned in frustration and looked at (Y/N) sheepishly. She looked away from him and crossed her arms. A few seconds later, she sat down on the ground.

"What're you doing?" Natsu asked, amused.

"I'm taking a break. We've been stuck here for hours and my feet are tired."

"Come here," Natsu guided as he bent down.

She sighed in relief and crawled on his back, wrapping her legs and arms around him.

"Okay," Natsu happily started, "now we go this--"

"No. We go that way," (Y/N) demanded.

"But we just--"

"No, Natsu. We came from the way you're pointing at. It's my turn to get us out of here."

(Y/N) helped to guide them towards the center of the maze in order to go on a different path completely. She chose the path that seemed right to her and pushed Natsu to follow her gut. Natsu rolled his eyes when another deadend came in front of them.

"Oh shut up. It just means that we should've headed left instead. Back up and go left."

"Of course, your highness."

(Y/N) smirked and gently tugged at his hair, causing him to stiffen.

"Don't do that."

She snickered and pointed in another direction. Natsu hoisted her up again and trudged through the maze. His nose perked up and he smiled.

"I smell fresh air!"

"Oh thank fuck."

They kept going in the direction, turning around at the deadends and following Natsu's nose. They saw the exit and (Y/N) jumped off Natsu's back and ran out. Natsu followed soon after and grinned. Both of their smiles faltered when they looked at the "ENTRANCE" sign.

"Oh my god."

"Are you kidding me?" (Y/N) screamed in frustration. "We came back to the entrance?"

"Well I'm going back in," Natsu declared. "I'm not leaving until I get through the maze."

(Y/N) stayed quiet for a minute, just staring at the entrance sign. She crossed her arms and nodded to Natsu before dragging him back into the maze.

---------------------------------------------

"Why did we do this to ourselves again?" (Y/N) moaned.

"Says the one that's not even walking anymore."

"I just want to go to bed," she whined as she laid her head in his neck.

"We're almost there," Natsu assured. "I can sense it."

"Oh great, because the last time you sensed it we got out right away!" (Y/N) snapped.

He turned his head to the side so he could kiss the side of her head before he continued walking down random paths.

"Let's go that way," (Y/N) suggested. "I have a feeling."

"Oh wonderful, because the last time you had a feeling, we ended up back at the entrance."

"At least I got us out of the maze!"

"Alright," Natsu laughed, "we'll go your way."

She almost screamed when she saw the scarecrow with the green hat.

"I can't...do this anymore," (Y/N) choked as she began to sniffle.

Natsu immediately put her down and held her head with both his hands, making her look into his eyes.

"It's gonna be okay. We'll get out of here--"

"You don't know that! What if...we can't get out? We'll die next to this stupid scarecrow with his fucking green hat."

"Shh, I promise we'll get out, especially before we die," Natsu joked.

She slowly hugged him, squeezing him tight for comfort. She continued to whimper as Natsu stroked her hair and rocked them. They were interrupted by a cough.

"Hey you two, do you know the way out?"

(Y/N)'s whimpers turned to frustrated screams and whipped her head around, speaking through her angry tears.

"No, we don't know the way out."

"Okay, okay. Jeez lady."

Natsu urged her to get back on his back, so she jumped on and held him tight, letting her remaining tears drip on his neck. He went in random directions, groaning when he made it back to the same spot. He looked over his shoulder to see that she had fallen asleep. He smiled softly at her.

"Took her long enough."

After making sure she was actually asleep, Natsu turned towards where the exit should be, behind all of the maze of course, and cast his fire dragon roar. All the hay and corn stocks burned instantly, creating a straight path towards the exit. He smirked and walked through the ashes and crossed the exit line. (Y/N) stirred and opened her eyes to see that they were out of the maze.

"Did we actually?"

Natsu chuckled as he pointed to the "EXIT" sign beside her.

"No way," she breathed. "We totally did it!"

"Hey you! Look what you've done!"

(Y/N) peeked over Natsu's shoulder to see that the whole maze was on fire. Her mouth hung open as she watched the people try to put out the fire.

"Natsu!"

"What? I got you to the exit, didn't I?"

"That's not the point!"