Natsu x Reader: Baking

"There needs to be more flour," Natsu observed.

"No way!" (Y/N) shouted. "It looks fine the way it is."

"The recipe says--"

"The recipe is wrong! Mira makes it this way."

"Why don't we just ask Mira for help then?" Natsu suggested.

"We can do this without help. I believe in us."

"I don't believe in either of you," Happy commented as he floated through the apartment.

"Happy! How could you say that? I've cooked many cakes before and you've loved them."

"But (Y/N), you were following a recipe then," Happy defended.

(Y/N) huffed before turning back to the salmon haired wizard and crossing her arms.

"Do you believe in us?"

"Honestly? Not really. We totally need Mira."

(Y/N) groaned before handing Natsu the flour and telling him to add as much as he felt was right. She started to mix the bowl again and turned to Natsu with a proud look as the mixture started to more closely resemble a batter.

"We can totally do this."

Natsu muttered, "Told you we needed more flour."

A cloud of white clouded Natsu's vision. He coughed a couple times and looked down at his overcoat and saw that flour had covered most of his stomach area. He looked up to see (Y/N) smiling smugly as she held a small fistful of flour.

"What do you think, Dragneel? A little more flour?" (Y/N) mischievously inquired.

"Oh it's on," Natsu hollered while grabbing a large amount of flour and throwing it at the (magic type) wizard.

(Y/N) shrieked when her (F/C) shirt was covered in the flour. Natsu had snuck up behind her while she was distracted and grabbed her from behind before lifting her off her feet.

"Natsu, put me down," (Y/N) tried to sternly say over her laughter.

Natsu laughed as he carried her over to the couch before going to drop her next to Happy.

"Wait, Natsu! Please not the couch. I just--"

(Y/N) screamed as she was thrown on the couch. Happy had jumped out of the way just in time to miss being covered in flour.

"Natsu," Happy whined, "you almost ruined my fish."

"Natsu, you are so dead," (Y/N) grumbled. "I just cleaned this couch!"

"And I just washed my clothes, but you ruined them," Natsu pouted.

(Y/N) sighed and held up her hand for Natsu to help her up. Natsu smiled softly before grabbing her hand. Before he could pull her up, however, (Y/N) had yanked him down so he fell on the couch too. They looked at each other and started laughing hysterically. (Y/N) held Natsu's face before giggling and pointing out that he had flour in his hair. She gently patted the flour out of his hair and rested her hand on his cheek. He mirrored her actions, holding her face in both his hands.

"You look funny," Natsu observed.

"You don't look any better."

"(Y/N)?"

"Hm?"

Natsu placed his forehead on hers and continued to hold her as he spoke in a soft whisper.

"Can I have the first piece of cake?"