Bad Boy!Natsu x Reader: MPF (magic school au) [requested]

A/N: Thank you to not-socialble for the request!

*************

Fairy Tail Academy was the most prestigious magic school in the world. Only the best could attend, and each young aspiring mage had to go through rigorous entrance exams before they even applied. It was no surprise that everyone at the school was focused on being the best. Well, except one.

"How did he even get in?" (Y/N) snapped. "All he does is mess around and cause trouble."

"He must have some talent," Levy replied. "I mean, he wouldn't have gotten in otherwise."

(Y/N) huffed and walked over to her locker to grab her jacket.

"Do you still have your MPF exam today?"

"Unfortunately," (Y/N) muttered, "but this time I'm totally prepared. Last time was just my nerves."

"You got this, (N/N)! Don't let one bad exam get to you."

The (E/C) eyes girl waved her goodbyes to her friend and continued down the hall. She made her way to the gym and stared at the MPF intently.

"I just need something over two thousand and then I can get my A."

She walked over to inspect the device as it sat in the middle of the floor. Her nerves started to surface, eliciting a groan from the mage.

"Not again," she whined.

Thinking of ways to calm down, she started to take deep breaths as she paced along the wall.

"Will you quit it? You're gonna hyperventilate."

Her head whipped around to the voice and glared when she saw the infamous pink haired slacker.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be off sabotaging some device somewhere."

"That's exactly what I'm doing," he casually spoke.

"What do you...no! You're not allowed to mess up my exam," she hissed. "I've been working on this all week. You are not ruining my chances for a good score."

Natsu smirked and overdramatically leaned against the MPF. He placed his hand on it and tapped on it, prompting an eight to appear on the reader.

"Don't you dare. I swear I will go straight to the dean and you will get in so much trouble that--"

"I'm not afraid of you or trouble, and I'm certainly not afraid of the dean."

"What is your problem? All you do is slack off. How are you even still enrolled?"

"Because unlike you, princess, I don't choke."

(Y/N) growled a 'fuck you' before crossing her arms. She watched him as he yawned and leaned on the device again, a twenty showing. She grabbed her backpack and took out the handbook on MPF tests, looking it over for the thirty second time to make sure she knew all the rules.

"You're gonna give yourself a heart attack, and I don't think medic mages will be able to help you very much."

"I'm perfectly fine. Now leave me alone so I can review."

"You can't even 'review' for this test. You just hit the ball or whatever. You shouldn't have to study for that."

"I'm just making sure. I want this to be the last test. I only get one more chance after this to pass or else I get dropped from the program. So if you don't mind, I would really appreciate you tampering with the MPF after my exam."

"Hm, I don't know. I was kinda hoping I could do it now."

"Please don't," she begged, completely distraught.