Cheater!Natsu x Reader: Sneak (Bad Ending)[requested]

A/N: Thank you to marriii9557 for the request! There's going to be an alternate ending published next.

*******

"I just don't know what to do," (Y/N) sniffled.

"I mean, do you really think he would cheat? It's Natsu."

(Y/N) looked to Lucy and started crying again. Lucy sighed and opened her arms, and (Y/N) immediately went in for a hug. The blonde gave her a comforting squeeze before holding her at an arm's length.

"He loves you more than anything, (N/N). He wouldn't just throw it away like that."

"He's just been so distant lately, and whenever I ask him where he's going he says that he's on his way to the guildhall. But I went to visit the guildhall today when he said he would be there and nobody had seen him all day."

"Maybe he was busy?"

"With what?" She snapped before immediately apologizing to her friend.

Lucy waved it off and stood up, holding her hand out for (Y/N) to take. She pulled her up and started to leave the apartment.

"Where're we going, Lu?"

"We're going on a girl's day. First stop: cake!"

(Y/N) let out a small giggle, a smile finally sneaking onto her face. Her happiness subsided once they sat down and got their desserts.

"Oh come on, (Y/N). You can't be sad when a perfectly good cake is sitting right in front of you," Lucy teased.

(Y/N) took her fork and started pushing the cake around on her plate, a solemn look on her face.

"(N/N), you've been dating for three years. He wouldn't do that to you."

"I guess," she quietly responded.

After they spent the whole day together, (Y/N) returned to the house that she shared with Natsu and Happy. She took in the familiar tree sticking out and smiled. The house brought so many happy memories with it, and she loved each one. Her frown overwhelmed her smile yet again, and she slowly opened the front door to see Natsu and Happy asleep on the couch. (Y/N) stepped towards the couch and crouched down, gently shaking Natsu's shoulders. He lazily opened his eyes, and he greeted her with a wide grin.

"Where were you today? Getting into trouble?" Natsu joked.

(Y/N) kissed his cheek before standing up and going into the kitchen. Natsu soon followed, wrapping his arms around her from behind and resting his head on top of hers as she leaned against the stove. She slowly stirred the food in the pot and sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," came her quick answer.

"Uh oh, Natsu," Happy warned as he floated into the kitchen. "What did you do?"

Natsu leaned in front of his girlfriend and turned off the stove before tugging her out of the kitchen and back to the couch. He deducted that she was more sad than angry, taking in the lack of raised voices and the defeated look in her eyes. He slowly stroked her hair and rubbed her cheek, waiting for her to tell him what was bothering her. She stayed silent, her hands folded in her lap and a tight frown on her face.

"(N/N), I know when something's up. Spill it."

"No. I'm good."

And with that, she made her way to the bed and slipped under the covers. Natsu looked outside to see that the sun hadn't gone down, so he followed her and sat at the edge of the bed.