NSFW Natsu x Reader: First [requested]

A/N: Thank you to @candacepearl for the request! Sorry that it's bad. Enjoy!

*******

Nerves, doubts, nausea. All were pulsing through the (H/C) haired girl as she sat at the bar in the guildhall.

"Well hello," Mira greeted. "What can I get you?"

"Oh, uh, nothing. Just wanted to come over here for a bit."

Despite her words, Mira placed a small plate of breakfast food in front of her. (Y/N) gave a small 'thank you,' picking at the food and taking small bites. She couldn't really eat, afterall. Too distracted, too nervous.

She and Natsu had been dating for a little over a year at that point. Everything was good - Natsu was over her apartment basically whenever they weren't in the guildhall, whether it was taking a nap or raiding her fridge. It became a normal occurrence (which Lucy was very grateful for). Anytime her (E/C) eyes would meet his black ones, a wave of warmth washed over her. She loved him, with all her heart. And he was the same. No matter how much bickering they did. And it should be added that, yes, it was mostly over Natsu's safety, as he had a habit of putting himself in dangerous situations in order to protect those he held close.

(Y/N) continued to pick at her food, jumping when the doors creaked open. Her head whipped over to the doors, and a breath of relief flew out of her mouth when she saw that it was Elfman. They weren't back yet. Good. She needed a little more time.

Her food was pushed to the edges of the plate, forming an empty section in the middle.

"You might wanna eat that, (N/N)," Cana joked. "Or else Natsu will steal it from you."

The girl's body tensed, her eyes darting around her and landing on a confused-looking Cana.

"Uh, I was joking, (N/N)," she clarified. "Are you okay?"

"Of course!" She responded, a little too quickly. "Just making sure I get my food to myself, right?"

Hands gripped the edge of the bar, eyes squeezed shut, and mind clouded. He was away on a request with Team Natsu. Thank god for that. Not knowing when he would be back spiked her anxieties even more, but she knew that he was returning sometime soon.

Now, it wasn't that she didn't want him to come home. Hell, every time he left the guildhall she worried for his safety. He had a habit of going overboard, of putting himself in danger, of not thinking things through during a fight. Erza was there though, so she reasoned that surely nothing would happen to him. Team Natsu worked very well together, and she silently thanked their combined prowess in those moments of worry.

However, his coming home would start the chain of nerves and doubtful thoughts that came along with it. Why? Well...

"We've been dating for a year now," (Y/N) softly spoke.

Natsu twisted in the bed, turning on his side to face her and quirking his eyebrow.

"Yeah?"

Her eyes refused to look at him, sparking concern for the dragon slayer. He repositioned himself so that he was resting his weight on his elbow. His free hand rested on her jaw, brushing the hair that fell and ran his thumb over her cheek.

"Is everything okay?"

"We've been dating for a year now," she repeated the only words that she could seemingly say.

"Are you feeling well? You look very nervous."

"We've been dating for a year now."