Natsu x Reader: Encounter [requested]

A/N: Thank you to treqqpoinie112 for the request! Sorry it's kind of bad. I hit a block and couldn't figure out where it was going at all. I have a couple outlines for one shots taking place during the GMG, so there'll be more than this one. Requests are OPEN.

SPOILERS: GMG ARC (kind of)

*********************

(Y/N) wasn't a wizard, but she absolutely loved the Grand Magic Games, even if she would never be able to take part. Every year, the streets of Crocus would be packed with people from all over Fiore that traveled to the capital to see wizards from all over compete. (Y/N)'s excitement had flared up especially this year, as she had heard the rumors that the group of missing Fairy Tail wizards had returned and were competing in the Games. She counted down the days until the start, and she patiently waited in the stands while the teams were introduced. Her eyes sparkled when she saw Fairy Tail entering the arena. Natsu Dragneel stood at the front as they entered. Natsu Dragneel, the fire dragon slayer. Natsu Dragneel, the wizard that (Y/N) had always liked.

"This is so cool! I bet Fairy Tail will win this year. I can feel it."

"Keep dreaming, lady," a random guy in the stands shouted. "They stand no match against Sabertooth."

(Y/N) brushed it off and turned her attention back to the arena.

---------------------------

It was the end of the first day, and she could tell that Fairy Tail felt horrible about the series of events that happened. She was going to see if she would be able to talk to any of them, so she made her way over to the Fairy Tail inn. As she was rounding the corner, someone had slammed into her, knocking her back and forcing her onto the ground.

"Oh shoot. Sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going."

(Y/N) rubbed her arm where the contact had been made and traled her eyes up to the stranger's face, eyes widening when she saw that it was none other than the infamous fire mage.

"Are you okay?" He continued.

"Oh, uh, yeah. Super. You're Natsu Dragneel, right?"

"Uh, yeah. Who are you?"

"Oh I'm a nobody. I just live here. My name is (Y/N)."

Natsu's eyes drifted from her face downwards and landed on her red arm.

"You sure you're alright?"

"I should be fine. It's just red from impact."

The dragon slayer scanner her again, noticing her (E/C) eyes as they glistened, as well as the small pink tint present on her cheeks. Just looking at her made his face heat up. Natsu seemed to get an idea, and he looked off to the side as he spoke.

"Do you maybe wanna get something to eat?"

(Y/N)'s mouth hung open as she took in his question. Natsu panicked when he looked over at her expression.

"I mean, to make up for hurting you of course!"

"I would love to," she said as she smiled wide.

----------------------------

"You guys are totally gonna win the Games. There's no doubt in my mind. Fairy Tail is unstoppable!"

Natsu chuckled and continued to eat as he listened to her rambling the next day. She stopped herself from getting too excited and looked out the window to watch the outside world. Natsu only looked at her when he knew she wouldn't notice. He took in her (H/C) hair, her shining (E/C) eyes, her bright smile. He felt like he could look at her all day, and he blushed at the thought. It was destiny for him to find her by a chance encounter. There was no doubt that he liked her, even if he had only known her for a very short time. He wanted to spend as much time with her as he could. She invaded his mind when they were apart, and he had thought about her the whole night before.