Natsu x Reader: Ice Cream [requested]

A/N: Thank you to carinamarialamego for the request!

*******

"Ice cream! Ice cream!"

Levy laughed quietly at her friend, teasing her about the unrestrained happiness that was bubbling from the (H/C) haired girl. It was a half day, and (Y/N) had immediately suggested that they use the early release as an opportunity to head over to the town's well-known ice cream shop.

"So I was thinking about that psych test, and he definitely tried reverse psychology on that last one."

The two continued to chat as they made their way over to the ordering window, and when they got to their turn, (Y/N) waved at the usual waitress. Ordering was quick, thanks to the overwhelming amount of times she had been there, and finding a seat was rather easy as well.

"Now that we have our super special ice cream," (Y/N) started, a huge smile on her face, "we can talk about--"

She was cut off by her own shocked gasp, as her ice cream had been pushed into her jacket.

"Oh shit," a voice came. "Hey, are you okay?"

(E/C) eyes met black ones, and she didn't say anything back, concerning the pink haired boy.

"Uh, you okay?" He repeated.

Levy quickly (and discretely, as she didn't want to cause a scene) pinched her friend's arm, knocking her out of the shocked trance that she was thrown into.

"Oh, uh, what?"

"I asked if you were okay," the boy said as he chuckled.

"Sorry," she awkwardly spoke. "I was too focused on my ice cream."

"I can get you another one," he suggested.

Levy bumped hips with (Y/N) and gave her a look. When (Y/N) still didn't answer, she spoke for her.

"She'd love that. Sorry, she's still in disbelief."

He asked for her order, and Levy listed it off before he left for the stand again.

"(Y/N)," Levy whisper-yelled, "what're you doing?"

"Did that just happen?" She spoke, confusion still laced in her voice.

"He's cute, eh?"

"Who?"

"Uh, the guy who just ruined your ice cream?"

"Oh. I didn't get a good look at him."

"Well he's very cute and I think this is perfect."

A few minutes later, the boy had returned to the pair and overdramatically presented the new ice cream to them. (Y/N) looked up to his face and blinked a couple times.

"Holy shit. You're right."

Levy giggled to herself and started to drift over to their empty table again.

"So are you two here alone?"

Levy nodded and folded her legs under the table. (Y/N) sat down, and in an attempt to set her friend up further, Levy had waved the boy to sit with them.

"What's your name?"

"Natsu."

"I'm Levy and that's (Y/N). We're usually here a lot because someone likes this ice cream more than anything."

The blue haired girl got a soft kick from under the table. The three had started talking about school, and they had learned that they had actually gone to the same school. After about an hour, the sun started to go down, so (Y/N) suggested that they head back. When they went to leave, however, Natsu stopped them, rubbing the back of his head as he came up with an offer.

"So uh, did you wanna do this again?"

"Yes," Levy immediately agreed, "you two should totally do this again."

"Huh? But Levy, what about--"

She cut herself off as she glared at her friend. A small laugh was heard from behind them, and Natsu just smiled and made his offer to the (H/C) haired girl.

-------

It had been about a week, and Natsu and (Y/N) were (finally) going back to the ice cream place.

"So how did you find this place?" Natsu questioned.

"A couple of my friends and I went out exploring one weekend and we stumbled across this place. I tasted the ice cream once and immediately got hooked."

Natsu guided her over to the forming line, and he could see that (Y/N) had started to very noticeably smile wider with every inch they gained. After they got their ice cream, Natsu led her back to the parking lot, stepping over to where his car was parked. He patted the hood before he leaned backwards on it. (Y/N) slowly followed him, crawling onto the hood and looking up to the sky.

"This is pretty cool," she admitted. "I never would've thought to stay here at night. Do you come here often?"

"Probably not as much as you," Natsu teased, "but I've been here a couple times before. I usually go to one that's closer to my house. Maybe we can go there next time."

She shyly looked up to him and asked, "You mean you want to go on another date?"

Natsu grinned and took a swipe of her ice cream, using that as his silent response. (Y/N) smiled to herself and decided to mirror his actions, taking a finger of his cone and smearing it on his cheek.

"Hey," he faked offense, "I never put it on you."

She gave a mischievous giggle and hopped off the hood.

"So what kind of ice cream does this other place have?"

"Any kind you want. You get to make your own flavors."

"Wait...what?"

"Yeah they have plain ice cream and then they put it in a machine to make it a different flavor."

To say that she had stars in her eyes would just be the beginning of a description of her elated demeanor.

-------

"Ice cream! Ice cream!"

Natsu opened up her door and pointed over to the small building. He started walking ahead and waved to her to follow, and she wasted no time hopping to his side. Once they were inside, and once she took in all the different menus and choices, (Y/N) pressed her face against the glass and studied how the ice cream was made.

"Hey Lucy," Natsu greeted the girl at the counter. "You think you could do a quick overview for her?"

"Sure thing!"

(Y/N) was, of course, absolutely mesmerized by the unlimited possibilities. Her head was spinning, and she couldn't even begin to make up her mind about what to order.

"And that's basically it," Lucy concluded. She then gave Natsu a sly look and addressed (Y/N) again, "You're just as cute as Natsu said you were."

Natsu glared at the blonde and flipped her off. When they looked over to her, (Y/N) was seen with tinted cheeks.

--------

"That was the best experience I have ever had with ice cream," (Y/N) deduced.

"Well I'm glad you liked it. It woulda sucked if I dragged you away from your favorite place to somewhere you thought was crappy."

"Are you kidding? There were flavors that I didn't even know about!"

They walked over to the car, and right before (Y/N) could go in she stopped. Slow steps were heard on the rocks filling the parking lot, and Natsu could feel the warmth of her hand on his.

"Thank you for tonight. And last week," she joked.

Natsu gave a lopsided smile, which prompted (Y/N) to move closer, and soon after Natsu could feel her kiss his cheek.

"We should come here again."

Natsu laughed loudly before he teased her by kissing her cheek in return.

"I think we can do that. Your shop or mine?"

"Oh definitely yours. I bet Levy is gonna be so excited to finally hear about another ice cream shop."