Natsu x Reader: New Year (Pt. 2) [requested]

A/N: Thank you to @Alli_983 for the request! I know that it's been a literal year, but I figured that this would work best here. Enjoy!

*******

About a year later, (Y/N) found herself at the very familiar party setting of New Year's Eve. Nia, her best friend, had decided to throw another party, and (Y/N) was (of course) the first person she invited. And, of course, Richard was the first person her brother invited. Now, it was similar to last year, but different at the same time. You see, by that time, Richard and the girl he was dating last year had long broken up by that point, and he was parading a new girl around. His lack of respect for both his girlfriend and women in general was still apparent, and it didn't look like he was all that interested in anything about the girl. Other than that, it was as it was last year.

(Y/N) sat in the corner, absentmindedly scrolling through her pictures on her phone to look busy, and avoiding human contact to the best of her abilities. Occasionally looking up, her (E/C) eyes did not dare make eye contact with anyone for longer than a couple seconds. She felt a tap on her shoulder from beside her, and when her head whipped to her side, she found Nia smiling down at her.

"Sorry about the crowds," she apologized. "But in my defense, there are a lot less people than last year."

"It's fine," (Y/N) dismissed. "I don't mind. I'm comfortable right here in this little corner."

Nia rolled her eyes, snatched her best friend's phone from her and glanced at the screen.

"Seriously?" She scolded. "You're just scrolling through pictures of Happy."

"Are you saying my cat isn't cute enough to look at pictures of him?" (Y/N) feigned offense.

Nia laughed quietly before her eyes landed on a certain asshole from across the room.

"Why does he even invite him?" She complained. "My brother hates these parties, yet he stays just to make things difficult for me. And then he invites that douchebag to top it off."

"No kidding. That guy still annoys the shit outta me."

(Y/N) jumped at the sudden voice, placing her hand over her heart to settle herself down and giving a glare towards the pink haired interruption. 

"Don't do that! You almost gave me a heart attack."

Natsu chuckled and winked before presenting her with a plate of squash chips.

"Where did you find those?" Nia interrogated. "Because I know you didn't sneak downstairs again."

"Hey, she was hungry."

Nia huffed and grabbed a couple off (Y/N)'s plate before joining her friend in the small group of seats that was in (Y/N)'s designated corner. Natsu took the seat beside her and wrapped his arm around the (H/C) haired girl's shoulder. (Y/N) leaned into him as she continued to nibble on the food given to her.

"Can I say that the matching sweaters are the highlight of this whole party?" Nia teased.

(Y/N) and Natsu proudly displayed their sweaters for full view.

"Ugly sweaters at a winter party are a must," Natsu joked.

"Exactly," (Y/N) agreed. "We didn't have a chance to wear them at the Christmas party over at Loke's, so this was a good occasion for their debut."

Nia stole a couple chips off (Y/N)'s plate and continued to flip through the pictures on her friend's phone.

"No fucking way," she howled. "You got Happy in a matching sweater?"