The Aftermath: 12 Days of Christmas Part 2 [requested]

A/N: Thank you to Sachmanisthebest for the request! Angst. I got my inspiration from a couple dialogue prompts made by hellsdemonictrinity on tumblr.

Trigger Warning: miscarriage
Sorry I didn't put that before.

**************************************

It was the worst thing that could've happened. There was nothing that (Y/N) could think of that would amount to the pain she had felt. Natsu was the same way, but he promised himself to remain strong as a support to his fiancée. Christmas had been the very height of their relationship. I mean, getting engaged and announcing a pregnancy couldn't be topped, right? January and February consisted of morning sickness and cramps. March had cravings of chiles and peanut butter. He would jokingly complain about all the midnight trips he would make to the local shop and markets. How he would've loved to do that again. (Y/N) would moan about the constant cramps and nausea. She would do anything to have that back.

"You can't stay in bed all day, love."

(Y/N) was curled up in the blankets as she laid in the dark room. She had blocked all the windows with curtains and sheets, and all the lights were turned off. He could hear her sobs as she tightly gripped the sheets.

"Just ten more minutes."

"We have to get to the guild before 5:30 (17:30). They're expecting--"

He stopped suddenly at the word and fisted his hands until they turned white. He rephrased after he heard her continue to cry.

"They want us there before it gets dark. There's a meeting."

"Go without me. I can't go today."

Natsu sighed and made his way over to her. The bed dipped as he sat on his side. Neither of them spoke, (Y/N)'s sobs filling the room to a point where neither of them wanted to. Natsu swiveled so he was sitting facing sideways and reached his left hand over to the pile of blankets that held his fiancée.

"Come on, love. At least come out to eat."

"I don't want food."

"You haven't eaten in two days now. You have to--"

"I don't want to."

Silence overtook them again.

"You have to get up."

"What's the point? It's all pointless. Just let me here."

"Everyone is worried. They just want to see that you're o--"

"Okay? They want to know if I'm okay? Why don't you tell me if I'm okay or not?"

Natsu pressed his lips together tightly before he leaned to the side, rolling on the bed so he was sitting right next to her. He pressed his hand on the blanket where her shoulders would be and started to rub it to provide her with a small comfort. Her sniffles broke his already broken heart. He honestly didn't know how to get through this, and he knew she was feeling the same way. He tried coaxing her, bribing her, begging her. She wouldn't move. The dragon slayer decided to try something different. The blankets that barricaded her from the rest of the world were suddenly pulled off her. She gasped and pulled at the edges, trying to pull the covers back. Natsu's grip was deemed to be the stronger of the two, and the blankets were yanked from her hands.

"Natsu," she spat, "give it back. I told you that I don't want to go and I'm not--"

She was swiftly picked up by the fire wizard, and Natsu had silently brought her to the living room and set her down on the couch. Her eyes squinted at the sudden light of day and her face twisted. She went to yell at him, but she was cut off when he returned with her blanket and wrapped it around both of them after he sat to her side.