Natsu x Bad Girl!Reader: Ax (high school au) [requested]

A/N: Thank you to Sachmanisthebest for the request! Requests are OPEN.

****************

"Dude, you're insane."

Natsu snapped out of his trance and glared at his friend.

"What's it to you, asshole?"

"She," Gray said as he pointed across the lunch room to the girl that Natsu was staring at, "is bad news."

Heat rose to Natsu's face and he quickly pushed Gray's hand down to avoid people seeing that he was very clearly pointing to (Y/N).

"It's rude to point."

"It's rude to stare," Gray countered.

Natsu opened and closed his mouth as he tried to come up with a sarcastic reply, but he couldn't think of one.

"What're you guys talking about?" Lucy asked as she set down and placed her food tray on the table.

"We're talking about this idiot's crush with someone who's way out of his league."

"Shut it, Fullbuster."

"Oh come on," Gray drawled, "you're gonna tell me that you honestly think you have a chance with her? She's way too cool for you."

"No she's too cool for you," Natsu argued.

"She's too cool for both of you," Lucy laughed. "That's (Y/N). Neither of you could handle her."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Natsu and Gray shouted.

Lucy held her hands up in surrender and started to pick at her lunch. She explained that she just thought that (Y/N) was a little too untamed to settle down with anyone.

"She's dated before," Natsu pushed. "So obviously--"

"Yeah. She dated Laxus. Now that is someone who can handle her. Come on, Natsu. Don't get your hopes up."

Natsu sighed loudly, grumbling something under his breath and picking at Lucy's food.

"Hey, hands off!"

----------------------

"Ay Gajeel, get your ass over here already," (Y/N) shouted from across the classroom.

Gajeel snickered and took his seat next to his friend. Natsu crossed the threshold a few minutes later and scanned the room. His eyes landed on his desk located behind (Y/N) and he took in a deep breath before walking over. He quietly took his seat and set his backpack on the floor beside him.

"Hey pinkie, you got any pencils?"

"Uh--"

"Aw come on, asshole. Don't be rude. That's Natsu. He's my math buddy, right Natsu?"

Natsu gulped and slowly nodded at (Y/N)'s statement. She flashed a smile at him and sat down in her seat. Class started, and they were asked to work in pairs for the class assignment they had been given. Lucy went to walk up to Natsu when her jaw dropped.

"Whaddya think, Natsu? Wanna be my partner?"

Natsu seemed to have the same reaction as Lucy, staring wide eyed at the (H/C) haired girl.

"Hey what about me?" Gajeel shouted.

"You're being mean to my friend, Redfox. Besides, Natsu's good at math."

"I'm horrible at math."

"Well good. That means that we can fail together."

Natsu looked to Lucy for any explanation but she just gave an 'I don't know' face and walked over to Juvia. (Y/N) spun around completely so she could work on his desk. Natsu just blinked multiple times in disbelief, still trying to process the events of the few minutes prior.