Natsu x Mentor!Reader: Mountain [requested]

A/N: Thank you FantasyKayla for requesting!

*******

Fairy Tail was calm and quiet. Unnervingly quiet. Natsu had been so focused that he had completely forgotten to cause trouble in the guildhall. Not that anyone was complaining.

"So anyway," Natsu redirected his conversation, "I'm gonna get stronger. Just you watch."

"Why do you want to get stronger so bad?" Lucy questioned. "You seem more determined than ever before."

"It's so I can beat Gildarts. I'm gonna pay him back for the Tenrou match!"

Happy landed on Natsu's head and cheered him on, saying that he would definitely find a way. The dragon slayer waved the guild off and started towards his house. His bags were quickly packed, and he made sure to grab all the necessary items that he would need on his journey.

"What's your plan, Natsu?"

"I dunno. I'll probably just camp out in the mountains and start training there. I'm gonna try to perfect my Flame Blade."

He set off, Happy in tow, and made his way towards the outskirts of Magnolia. Riding the train was simply not an option, so he decided to go on foot.

"This is gonna be so cool," Natsu shouted. "I'll so beat Gildarts after this."

-------

It was three days later, and Natsu wasn't making any major progress on his own. He had started to work on the power of his Roar, and he was able to direct it in a more focused manner. That was, unfortunately, about all he was able to accomplish.

"This is so stupid," he muttered. "It should be easy."

"It's because you're not working on the right things," came a voice that caused both Happy and Natsu to jump.

Natsu's head whipped around to see who was behind him, and his eyes landed on a girl with (H/C) hair. Her hands were placed firmly on her hips as she leaned on one foot. They watched each other carefully, both trying to test the other's first move. The dragon slayer took a step forward, and the girl mirrored his actions, (E/C) eyes daring him to continue.

"Who are you?"

"Well who are you?"

Natsu shouted, "I asked you first!"

"My name doesn't concern you. What are you doing in my mountains?"

"Since when are they your mountains?" He countered.

"Tell me, boy, how old are you?"

"Uh, like 18? I dunno. I was frozen for like seven years, so who knows at this point."

"Frozen?" The girl repeated. "That's very interesting, but you are not eighteen."

"What are you talking about? How the heck would you know?"

"You have an old soul masked with immaturity. Though I guess it doesn't matter. Now what are you doing here?"

"Training, duh."

"Well you're not doing it correctly. You need to focus on what you need to improve on, not just what would make you stronger. You see, while I may not possess a dragon slayer's magic, I do understand fire."

"You're a fire wizard too?"

"You need to work on your formation. It's very peculiar and unproductive."

"Well if you know so much then why don't you show me?" Natsu suggested, sarcasm lacing his words.

"I don't teach wizards."