Natsu x Reader: Fake Dating

Natsu and (Y/N) sat on the couch, Natsu's head laying in her lap.

"So whaddya think of the others lately?"

(Y/N) looked down and stopped stroking his hair to look at him confused. Natsu laughed and reminded her about the constant comments about the two of them dating.

"Oh yeah," she laughed, "it's certainly amusing."

Natsu sat up and turned to look at her with a devilish smirk.

"What are you doing?" (Y/N) giggled.

"We should totally pretend that we're dating to mess with them."

"Why would we do that?"

"To mess with them, duh."

"How would we even do that?"

"Well we could always just act like some of the couples we know. Like Gajeel."

(Y/N) shook her head, commenting, "I don't think acting like Gajeel would get us very far. What about Elfman?"

"I am not talking about being a 'real man' the entire time."

"I'm not saying that," (Y/N) spoke through laughter. "But he's actually really attentive. I mean, we could always go by Gray."

Natsu grimaced and looked at her offended. (Y/N) just smirked.

"New plan: we do our own thing."

"Yeah? And how do you plan to do that when neither of us have ever dated each other before?"

"But you dated someone else before so should you--"

"Are you forgetting that I dated the coldest and most unemotional wizard on the planet?"

"Okay fine," Natsu pouted. "Let's come up with a plan."

------------------------------------------------

"Hey everyone!"

Fairy Tail casually waved at the pair and went back to what they were doing. Some of them did a double take when they saw that the pair was holding hands. Lucy's face held a mischievous smile as she approached them.

"So," she slyly started, "how have you two been?"

Natsu and (Y/N) looked at each other before shrugging their shoulders.

"Happy ate my dinner last night. And then Natsu ate my breakfast."

Lucy sweatdropped and chided Natsu for stealing her food before looking back at them.

"Anything else happen?"

They let out a synchronized "no" before letting go of each other's hands and going their separate ways. (Y/N) went to the bar to get some food, and Natsu sat at the usual table waiting for her.

"So what's up with you two?" Mira tittered.

"What do you mean?"

"Nevermind," she sang.

(Y/N) grabbed her food and brought it over to the table where Team Natsu was sitting. Natsu immediately started picking at her food, causing (Y/N) to go to slap his hand away on instinct. She caught herself though, remembering they were supposed to be acting like a couple. She took in a deep breath and faced him.

"Would you like some of my food, honey?"

"Well duh," Natsu said, oblivious to the plan they were supposed to be following.