Natsu x Hurt!Reader: Yarn [requested]

A/N: Thank you to Sachmanisthebest for the request! So like, not sure if this is what you wanted, but this is kind of what came out. Angst. Requests are OPEN.

*************************

It was no surprise that Natsu was overprotective over his girlfriend. She wasn't a wizard, and she always seemed to get in trouble. He would always tell her that he would go with her everywhere, saying that she needed him there to protect her.

"We'll go later. I have to go on a job."

"How long is it?"

"They said it should only be about an hour or two, and it's in the next town over, so it shouldn't be too much longer than that."

"Well I guess I could go myself instead of waiting for you. It's not that far."

"You're not going without me."

"But why? It's really close by and--"

"You can't handle yourself. If something came at you then you'd be done."

(Y/N) looked up at him and tried to defend, "But I promise that I'll--"

"You can say you're gonna be careful, but you always seem to get into trouble. And then I have to come to save you. So let's just cut out the middle part this time."

(Y/N) looked down at the ground and played with her fingers. She looked close to tears, but she held them back.

"But I just wanted to get--"

"Listen, I'm not rushing back from a job to try to save your ass again. Just wait and we'll--"

"You always do this," (Y/N) whimpered, finally letting tears fall. "You always talk to me like I'm some defenseless child."

"It's safer that you don't go alone."

"Stop doing that! Stop talking to me like I'm weak!"

"Because you're not able to defend yourself with magic. And you can't really defend yourself anyway," Natsu stated simply before turning around to get his slightly torn scarf.

(Y/N) stood there in shock before her nose started to sting and tears fell. She quickly wiped them away before Natsu re-entered the room.

"I'll be back," he waved off.

(Y/N) stopped fighting the tears and walked to her room and curled up on her bed. She sniffled and gasped for breath as she cried.

"Am I really...that weak?"

She cried for a half hour before she forced her tears back and stood up, grabbing her basket and running to the train station. She decided to take the train to her destination, realizing that the town was too far to walk. After arriving in Acalypha Town, she walked to a local merchant shop. She spotted the special yarn and smiled.

"There you are," (Y/N) whispered to the bundle of yarn. "This is sure to be enough."

She looked up to the merchant with sparkling eyes and quickly purchased the yarn and waving her goodbyes.

"Well I better head back to Magnolia. Natsu is definitely back by now and he'll probably be upset that I left without him," (Y/N) fretted before looking down at the yarn and smiling, continuing, "But he'll be so happy when he sees this!"

She started back towards the train and sat in the back.

"I'll show him. I can do this myself. I'm not weak."

The train arrived in Magnolia and (Y/N) jumped off before skipping towards the town. She looked at the food market and decided to get a couple fish for dinner. As she was walking back towards their house, a hand was placed on her shoulder. She turned around and saw a woman with dark green hair and yellow eyes.