Natsu x Bullied!Reader: New [requested]

A/N: Thanks to yeshud for the request! Trigger warning: bullying. Up next: magic school! Requests are OPEN.

*********

(Y/N) was a lot of things, but one thing stuck out most to her. She was bullied. Severely. Years worth of emotional and verbal abuse followed her like a dark cloud. Sometimes it was blatant, others very subtle. From telling her that she was better off just never showing up again to the small laughter she heard whenever she would try to speak to anyone.

The teachers never noticed, and even if they did, they did absolutely nothing to try to stop it. You see, these bullies happened to be the students that all the teachers liked. Even if they weren't smart or perfectly-behaved, they still had a close relationship with every teacher that taught them.

She had no friends. All of them decided that cutting ties to her was best for their own mental health, as they were starting to get bullied just for being friends with her. She sat alone in the library during her free periods and at lunch. When it would get too overwhelming, she would pretend to have a stomach ache and hide in the nurse's office until she felt up to facing them. The nurse had, by this time, surely caught on, but she too ignored it, instead complaining that she was taking up a bed that another student might actually need.

Nothing seemed to be working for her. No matter what she did, criticism and harassment jumped at her. She decided to just keep her head down, speak only when asked by a teacher, not engage in any type of conversation. She figured that it would be best if she made herself invisible.

It didn't work.

"Hey look, it's the reject," came a smug voice.

(Y/N) looked quickly over her shoulder to see her biggest bully, a tall boy with brown hair. If she was being honest, she was scared shitless of the possibility that the bullying would shift into physical harassment. This boy was very built, and he could easily cause some serious damage. His partner, a short purple haired girl, stood next to him with a hand on her hip.

"No kidding. Looking as horrible as yesterday, (random name)."

"My name is (Y/N)," she quietly mumbled.

"What was that? Did the mouse squeak?" She taunted before turning to the boy. "Brent, what were you saying to me earlier?"

He smirked and took out his phone.

"I said we should record her as she tries to talk to us so that everyone can see what a loser she is."

(Y/N), having all of her confidence zapped away from her due to the years of bullying, had a fear of people watching her, so she started shaking.

"What do you think, (random name)? Up for a starring role?"

"N-No. I don't really want to."

Brent and the girl looked to each other before smiling devilishly. They went to say something else when a small group turned the corner and started walking towards them. The three of them recognized the principal, so the bullies retreated back to their classes, leaving (Y/N) shaking in the middle of the hall.

"Miss (L/N), what seems to be the issue?" The principal tested.

"N-Nothing, sir."

"Then why, may I ask, are you standing in the middle of the hall when you should be in class? Please return before you face disciplinary action."

"Yes, sir."

She quickly looked at the rest of the group and saw that it consisted of three more adults and a student that she didn't recognize.