Demigod!Natsu x Reader: Heart [requested]

A/N: Thank you to treqqpoinie112 for the request! Sorry that it's kind of long.

********

"Dear, are you sure you have to go?"

(Y/N) turned around to her parents and gave a wide smile.

"Don't worry. I'll be back, but I have to train to get stronger so that I can protect the village."

She continued to pack her bags as she rambled on about getting stronger.

"It's a dangerous spot you're heading to," her mom fretted.

"It's okay. I have Corvus!"

As if on cue, a bird swooped in and landed on her shoulder, giving a small coo into her ear.

"See? Corvus will help protect me."

They both sighed loudly, but small smiles were still present as they watched their daughter prepare to set off on an unknown journey. (Y/N) finished packing, the buckles on her bags clicking closed, and she grabbed a jacket before giving one last hug to her parents and exiting her childhood home.

"Well...here I go, I guess."

The two of them made their way to the edge of the village before taking one last look behind them. (Y/N) hitched her bag up her back and waved Corvus to follow her into the surrounding forest. She started to hum to herself as she happily stepped through the forest. Hours later, the sun was starting to set, so she set up camp in a clearing, starting a fire and climbing into her sleeping bag. Corvus landed next to her and closed his eyes as well. Sleep was quick to wash over both of them, and they didn't hear the snap of twigs deeper in the forest.

-----------

(Y/N) jumped when she heard Corvus start to screech, gasping loudly and hopping to her feet. She looked around and turned back to her companion in confusion.

"What's wrong? Did something scare you?"

He continued to scream, and (Y/N) squeaked when she spotted a tall figure sitting in a tree branch.

"Wh-who are you?"

The figure looked down before standing on the branch. (Y/N) discretely inched towards her bag to grab a knife she had brought for protection when she heard the 'tsk' from the branch. The glint of the knife shined as the figure spun it around their finger. The (H/C) haired girl started to panic. The figure hopped down from the tree and crossed their arms, stepping into the sunlight that glistened in the clearing. (Y/N) studied him closely. Pink hair, black eyes, bandages on his arms, scar on his neck...muscular? She quickly scolded herself from getting distracted in a time of danger and quickly backed away.

"Will you relax? Jeez. You were better when you were sleeping."

(Y/N) went to say something sarcastic back when she took in his words, confusedly questioning, "Wait. You watched me sleep?"

"It wasn't even interesting. Honestly, you humans are so boring."

"...Are you not...human?"

The figure laughed loudly and smiled devilishly. (Y/N) took that as a bad sign and continued to increase the distance between them. Corvus went to attack the figure, but the bird was grabbed by him and held so he couldn't fly away.

"Stop! You're hurting him!"

The figure looked at the bird and raised an eyebrow, asking, "Can you talk?"

The bird squirmed in his hold, screaming and squawking loudly.

"Jesus you two are annoying."

The bird was released, and he hovered protectively in front of (Y/N).