Natsu x Reader: Goal Pt. 2 (High School AU) [requested]

A/N: Thank you to Liltiny58 for the request! Sorry, it kind of got lost in the list.

*******

It had been a couple months since (Y/N) and Natsu had started dating, and in that time she had gotten to know Natsu's teammates and their little rituals before a game. She enjoyed watching them play, and her eyes were still glued to the pink haired player during games and practices. He continued to amaze her with his skill, and she would spend all her freetime hanging out with him and the rest of the team. Natsu would make her tag along to sporting events, and he would always sneak her an extra cookie or piece of cake.

This week was the game against their biggest rivals, Sabertooth High. The whole school was buzzing with excitement about the upcoming matchup, and (Y/N) could tell that the stands would be packed.

"You're still coming, right?"

(Y/N) looked up from her lunch and smiled.

"Hopefully I can get a seat," she teased, fully well knowing the front row was always reserved.

Natsu rolled his eyes and took his seat next to her at the table. Soon the rest of the team flooded the area around them, and the surrounding tables were filled.

"You know," (Y/N) started, taking a chip out of Natsu's bag, "I never realized how much space you all take up in here."

"Well excuse me," Gajeel sassed, "but we're a big team."

Natsu threw a piece of his bread at his teammate in retaliation. Loke appeared at (Y/N)'s side, sitting down and taking her hands.

"I see an angel has joined us once aga--"

Natsu threw bread at the orange-haired boy as well. Loke just gave a lopsided smile and winked at (Y/N).

"Are you all ready for tomorrow? It's a big game."

"We're gonna kick Saber's ass," Gray affirmed. "I can't wait to wipe that stupid smirk of that captain's face."

"No kidding," Gajeel agreed. "They beat us last time and coach grilled us and made us run until we dropped."

"I'm sure you'll do fine," (Y/N) assured, leaning into Natsu's side."You guys have been practicing nonstop."

-------

Natsu tugged (Y/N) over to the stands after school, his equipment bag hitting his thighs as he walked. She took her usual seat further up in the stands, reminding Natsu of their habit of launching soccer balls at the stands when Natsu asked her to sit closer. Natsu joined her for a few seconds, kissing her cheek and starting to move towards her mouth.

"Dragneel, get your ass on the field."

(Y/N) giggled as Natsu groaned. He quickly stood up and huffed before joining his coach on the field. She felt someone sit next to her, so she turned her attention to her side.

"Hey Juvia. Here to watch, too?"

Juvia gave a small nod and watched intently. A ball came flying at them, narrowly missing them. (Y/N) stood up and grabbed the ball from the row behind her and glared down at the field where Natsu gave an unconvincing grin.

"My bad?"

(Y/N) rolled her eyes before tossing it back to him. Her and Juvia made casual conversation about what was happening in school and how they were preparing for finals week. They spoke for what seemed to be a short time, but it was long enough for Natsu to join her once practice ended. (Y/N) looked past Juvia to see him standing a couple feet away from them and looking down at the field. Juvia left, leaving the couple in the arena alone. If it weren't for the flood lights, they would be in complete darkness.