Natsu x Rival!Reader: Set Up (Pt. 3) [requested]

A/N: Thank you all for 69k! I know this was requested by a lot of people, so I wrapped it up in this part.

*******

(Y/N) had left the guildhall, and she stepped into the now cleared streets. The cool breeze danced around her, and she subconsciously tugged her jacket closer to her. The heatwave of the last couple weeks seemed to lift, and now everyone was greeted with the typical hot days and cool nights that came with the season.

Her steps clicked on the stone street as she made her way to her apartment. As usual, the darkness and lack of company greeted her as she opened the front door. Tossing her jacket off to the side was what she always did, and that night was no different. A breeze that was not normal blew her hair slightly, which alerted her of an open window.

"I don't remember leaving one open," she mumbled. "I have the cooling lacrima."

And when she opened the bathroom door, she found out why. A loud pitched scream sounded throughout the apartment, and she quickly slammed the door shut again before banging her fist on the door.

"Why are you in my fucking bathtub?!"

"It's cooler than your bed," Natsu casually dismissed.

"Get out of it!"

"No thanks. I'm taking a nap."

(Y/N) seethed and went into the kitchen, grabbed a large container, filled it with water, and forced the door open again before throwing the water at him.

"Hey!" Natsu shouted. "What gives?!"

"I told you to get out!"

"You know, you coulda just turned on the water instead of going all the way to the kitchen."

"You know," she countered, "you also don't have to be a dick."

He groaned when he shifted, now getting the rest of the water on his clothes.

"What're you doing here? And haven't you learned your lesson about breaking into people's houses by now?"

"Is it annoying you?"

"Yes!"

"Then I see no point in stopping," he smugly shrugged.

He stepped out of the bathtub, quickly dried his clothes using his fire, and sauntered into the main room before sitting down at the table.

"I'm hungry."

"So go home. You made me buy enough food for a week when you sent me to the market."

"I'm here for a reason."

"What the fuck could you possibly want in my apartment?" She snapped.

"You."

"Oh fuck off," she scoffed as she slammed the window shut again.

"Well fine. I don't need you specifically, but I need your acid for the request and you're the only person who has it."

"Then don't take the request. I'm not going."

"They need a fire wizard, too."

"Then I'll go with Romeo. Now shoo," she said as she flicked her wrist to wave him out.

Natsu rolled his eyes and planted his feet in the ground, pushing, "Will you just go with me? You don't have to be an ass your whole life."

"Look who's talking."

But, after about an hour of convincing, (Y/N) gave in and agreed to go. Under one condition: she got most of the reward. And, surprisingly, Natsu accepted the rule.