NSFW Natsu x Reader: Reunion [requested]

A/N: Thank you to Misa891 for the request! Sorry if it's bad. I'm not used to writing these things.

*******

She knew that he needed to. It was completely understandable, considering. After it all went down, Natsu had headed to his house and started packing for his year's training. It was hard for both of them. But he promised her that he would return.

By that point, (Y/N) and Natsu had been dating for a couple years. So, as others could probably imagine, the separation was hard. They were close friends since they were kids, growing up together around the rest of the guild. That year was the loneliest (Y/N) had ever been. For once in years, Natsu was not around. To say she missed him would be putting it lightly. His scent, his warmth, his jokes, his voice. It killed her to not be able to be with him.

So when Lucy brought Natsu back to her and (Y/N)'s shared apartment, all of the butterflies that she had felt at the beginning started to flutter again.

"...Natsu?"

And it was. It was him. His hair was longer, no doubt from the year of training in a secluded place, but he was there. Right in front of her.

"Hey (N/N), long time no see!"

His chipper voice melted her heart. That voice was on that she would never forget. Even after hearing it for around a decade, it sounded just as new as a stranger's. But yet at the same time, it was the most familiar that she had ever encountered.

"What're you doing here?"

Natsu just grinned wide and set down his bag, opening his arms and waving her into him. There might have been a total of five seconds between this action and (Y/N)'s response. She flew into his arms and held on tight, fearing that he would disappear again if she let go. The dragon slayer started to laugh and squirm, but her steel grip did not loosen. His heartbeat, that familiar pounding, echoed in her soul as she placed her ear against his chest.

It had been a year since they were this close. A year since she had seen him. There were so many emotions flying through her, and because of that, she could not hold her tears in any longer. When he heard the sniffles, Natsu raised his arms and held her close, his own grip tightening as she shook. His head rested on top of hers, and he started to gently rock them. A soft kiss was placed on the top of her head, causing her to experience another wave of sobbing. 

"Told you she'd miss us," Natsu joked, turning to Happy. "And you were worried that she forgot about us."

When her cries didn't cease, Natsu tried pulling away, and after prying himself free, he held the (H/C) haired girl at an arm's length.

"I love you."

He wiped the remnants of the tears that flooded her face and rested his hand on her cheek, moving his thumb in small circles.

"I love you, too."

"Good!" Natsu breathed. "Because that would be, like, devastating."

There was a moment of silence between them, both just taking in the presence of the person they had been separated from.

"So," Natsu started, looking around, "you and Lucy live here, eh? Pretty nice place you got here."

"You should've seen the first place, right (N/N)?"

(Y/N) wiped the rest of her tears and started laughing, revealing, "Yeah. That place was sketchy as hell. I'm so glad we're not there anymore."

"How's the house?" Happy asked, floating in front of the pair.

"Um, well I haven't been there in a while, but last month I went back and it's slightly overgrown."

She faced Natsu again and pressed herself against him again, clinging to the front of his cloak. A small chuckle sent vibrations from Natsu's chest to down (Y/N)'s spine.