Natsu x Reader: A Vow to You Pt. 2 [requested]

A/N: Thank you to SeleneDragneel for the request! Requests are OPEN.

*******

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" (Y/N) hesitantly questioned.

"Why wouldn't it be?" Natsu countered.

"It's just, well...I mean it's only been like a year."

"So?"

(Y/N) sighed and walked over to the array of cakes and sat down on the couch in front of them. She patted the spot next to her and he immediately sat down before going for the cakes. She slapped his hand away and gave him a small glare.

"I mean we've known each other for like ten years. I think a year won't hurt us."

"That's not what I'm talking about," she muttered. "What about Lucy?"

"What about her?"

"Natsu," she mumbled before pinching her nose, "you walked out on her and now you're asking her to be in the wedding."

"So?"

"Alright you two," a new voice interrupted, "eat as much as you like!"

Natsu's eyes lit up and he wasted no second in getting at the cakes again. She saw the sparkle in his eyes as he looked at them.

"Miss," (Y/N) addressed, "you're probably gonna regret saying that."

And she did.

-------

"Lucy!"

Said celestial wizard looked over her shoulder and saw (Y/N) jogging down the road to catch up to her. She stopped walking and waited for the (H/C) haired wizard to reach her. (Y/N) leaned over, out of breath, and gave a sheepish smile.

"Listen, I just wanted to make sure that you're--"

"I'm being a bridesmaid and that's final," she sternly stated. "Now I will only accept a shift if it means that I'm the maid of honor, but no less!"

(Y/N) blinked a few times, trying to take in Lucy's words.

"Are you...sure?"

"(Y/N), as much as I would've loved to be able to get married, I knew as soon as I saw you two together that it was the right move. If I'm being honest, you two are much better than we ever were."

"But--"

"Let's face it (N/N), you're the only one equipped to deal with him for the rest of your life. I can easily see us getting into a fight at some point over something stupid, so I've come to terms about it. Now back to the serious part now," Lucy stated, "I am in the wedding whether you like it or not."

(Y/N) laughed quietly when she saw Lucy start to giggle.

"Besides," she added, "you can probably just take the plans from my wedding and use it for yours. It would save you a lot of stress and I can walk you through it."

"Thank you, Lucy."

-------

"We meet again," (Y/N) joked.

"I don't get why we can't just wear the suits we had for the last one," Gajeel complained. "I ain't doing this again because the Salamander couldn't make up his mind."

(Y/N) rolled her eyes and replied, "You can get the same ones, but you rented them last time, so you're going to have to find them again. But I mean, feel free to just pick one that you like."

"Shouldn't Natsu be doing this?" Laxus grunted.

"Yeah I mean you're supposed to be doing the bride stuff," Romeo explained. "Why do you have to do the groom stuff too?"