Natsu x Best Friend!Reader (High School AU)

You and Natsu have been best friends since grade school. You two would always hang out together almost every day after school. That is, until you met (B/F/N). After you met him, you seemed to drift away from Natsu; you would only see him about once a week outside of school, and you would barely talk to him during school. His usual seat next to you was replaced by (B/F/N). Natsu would sit in the corner and watch you from afar. He got a bad feeling about (B/F/N), but he could never tell you. He tried once. Your boyfriend twisted it to make it seem like Natsu was jealous. So now, much to the protests of his gut, he stayed away.

(B/F/N) was the popular guy, the guy on the football team, the school heartthrob. Natsu sighed as he watched you laugh at something (B/F/N) would say.

"Dude, quit staring. You're being hella creepy."

Natsu whipped his head around to his nemesis, Gray.

"She's my best friend. I can stare if I wanna!"

Gray snickered, "Yeah well it doesn't seem like you're best friends anymore."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Consider yourself dumped, Pinky."

Natsu took one look over to you and (B/F/N) and groaned.

"Hey does this mean I can make fun of you for it?" Gray joked.

"I dare you to, Fullbuster. You do that and I'll start a rumor about you and Juvia."

-----------------------------------------

"Natsu, there you are!"

Natsu turned around to see your (E/C) eyes shining brightly at him.

"Uh, hey what's up?"

You smiled and shrugged, "I just wanted to hang out with you. It's been, like, forever. Don't you think?"

Natsu gave his typical grin and dragged her to their usual outside lunch spot. Natsu scarfed down his lunch and watched as you picked at your food. You noticed his stare and started laughing before offering him the rest of your lunch.

"I'm not that hungry anyway. I just wanted to hang out with you."

They sat in silence for a minute before Natsu casually asked, "So how are things with you and (B/F/N)? I haven't really been able to catch you lately."

"Oh! He's taking me to this super cool party tonight. You should totally come!"

"Uh, I think I'll pass."

You looked confused as you asked him why, and he just put it off that he had too much homework.

"Natsu," you laughed, "you never do homework."

Natsu blushed before defending, "I've been starting to lately. Levy's been helping me."

You smiled and let it drop.

"(Y/N), let's go!"

You turned around to see (B/F/N) standing there with some of his friends. Your eyes lit up and turned back to Natsu.

"I'll see you around, 'kay?"

-------------------------------------------------

It was a couple days after the party, and Natsu hadn't seen either you or (B/F/N) since. He started to get worried when on the third day he saw you. You both acted like usual, but Natsu could sense that something was off. (B/F/N) made out with you in the hallway before tapping your ass and walking towards his class. Natsu growled as he saw his best friend being treated with no respect. You just sighed and walked towards your locker.