Natsu x Reader: 7 Years [requested]

A/N: Thank you to @marriii9557 for the request!

*******

"That's so awesome!" (Y/N) squealed. "You're totally gonna become S-class this time."

"There's no way I'll lose," Natsu affirmed. "Nobody is getting in my way."

The (H/C) haired girl took her husband's hands in hers and gave him a small smile. They stood in silence. Well, for as long as Fairy Tail could possibly be silent. Their moment was interrupted by Elfman's shouting, and that had, as usual, sparked a brawl in the guildhall. (Y/N) sighed, knowing what was coming next, and slowly nodded. Within a second, Natsu flashed his grin, let go of her hands, and darted over towards the growing fight.

"I can't believe you're okay with him doing this," Lucy commented.

(Y/N) laughed and pointed over towards the growing rumble, "I mean, it wouldn't be Fairy Tail without a fight, right?"

A broken piece of wood shot out from the brawl, and (Y/N) grabbed it just in time to miss the approaching Wendy. When she looked down at her hand, (E/C) eyes trailed over the small stream of blood washing over her palm. And that triggered the presence of the dragon slayer in question.

"Are you okay?"

"Natsu, I'm fine. It's just a scratch."

"Alright everyone," Makarov called out. "It's time to leave."

The Tenrou team all said their goodbyes, some of them hugging each other before being sent off.

"I'll be back soon. And the next time you see me, I'll be S-class."

-------

About three weeks later, (Y/N) started feeling strange. She got light headed often, her appetite was shot, and when Wakaba finally forced her to see a doctor, she found out why.

"Congratulations! It's a little early to tell, but if you look, you can start to see the sac. And you see that tiny spot? That's the little baby. You're about two months along."

(Y/N), after using her hands to force herself up, glanced at the lacrima screen in front of her. And there it was. It certainly explained her irritability, her nausea, her frequent need to pee. She took another look at her stomach and smiled.

"So," she tested, "there's actually something there?"

"You're gonna be a parent," was all the doctor answered with.

The (H/C) haired girl returned to the guildhall, excitement bubbling inside her. There was silence, and she placed it that it was the lack of the louder wizards.

"Did you find out why you're feeling so bad, (N/N)?" Romeo asked.

"Yeah," she whispered as a smile crept its way over her face, "I did."

"Well I guess you should be benched for a while," Macao joked. "You're gonna have some news to share when they all come back."

"What do you mean, dad?"

"I'm gonna have a baby."

-------

It had been another week, and nobody had heard from the Tenrou team. Yet, once they got any news, they wished they never heard it. An explosion, a dragon sighting, an empty ship, a missing bunch of wizards. The worst news: assumed death of those wizards. Their guildmates, their friends, their family.

The realization hit full force after they looked at the paper. Because when they looked at the flimsy paper, it felt like they were being weighed down with boulders. On that paper, a list of names were present. All the Tenrou wizards' names were engraved on that section. The heaviest news resting on the lightest piece of paper.