Natsu x Gajeel's Sister!Reader: Paranoia [requested]

A/N: Hi all. I'm really sorry I haven't posted in like a month, but I've been trying to get another service dog and it's a very long process. I'm hoping that my new friend will pick up quickly on training, but it's going to be hard to tell until we get into it. I might not be posting as much due to this, as it takes constant training and a lot of time for both of us to get adjusted to each other. Sorry again! Oh, and than you to @lil_waffleowo for the request!

*******

Redfox. (Y/N) Redfox. Like her brother, she had also been a respected member of Phantom Lord, and that came with consequences for her own mind. A lot thrashes in her mind, and the most prominent is her constant paranoia. It doesn't matter where she is or what she's doing. It all comes flooding through her in a way that makes her too afraid to do anything.

Since joining Fairy Tail, her paranoia had surfaced and had been directed at her new guild. Sure, they were nice. Accepting. But that scared her. If she did all those bad things to them, how did they actually see her? Did they all secretly hate her? Would they try to get revenge on her and her brother for their past actions? What if--

"I ain't gonna tell you again," Gajeel interrupted. "Get outta your mind and actually participate in conversation."

(Y/N) felt the familiar hand as he patted her head, and she eventually sat down in the back. Her usual group: Gajeel, Levy, Patherlily. And that was all she felt comfortable with.

Levy gently reworded, "Are you distracted again?"

"Ye--"

"Of course she is. There's nothing she does better," Gajeel taunted.

"What did you just say?" (Y/N) pushed. "Because I know you didn't just insult me before noon."

"And what are you gonna do about it?"

The next noise was a pained hiss, no doubt a response from (Y/N) kicking Gajeel in the stomach. And, just as these siblings would do, she wandered off like nothing happened.

She passed a couple of wizards, namely Team Natsu, and her whole body tensed. They were, of course, the group that made her paranoia spike up higher than usual. This small group got the most attack, afterall. She didn't know how Lucy would ever forgive her, but she did. And that didn't sit right. Her brother and her tortured Lucy. Her former guildmates mocked them as they fought the rest of them. They could never forgive her.

But they did.

So when Natsu caught her attention by tapping her shoulder, she froze. Slowly turning, fully expecting malicious intent, she instead found a wide smile.

"Are you coming to the party tonight?"

"Um," (Y/N) stumbled, "I don't really know if that's a good idea."

"Why not? Everyone is gonna be there."

(Y/N) mumbled, "That's what I'm worried about."

"What was that?"

"Oh, uh, I said that I have to get some sleep."

Natsu studied her for a few minutes before shrugging and retreating towards his usual table with the rest of Team Natsu. Another tap on her shoulder brought her attention back, and upon learning that it was Levy, she relaxed and eventually agreed to return to the back.

"Are you coming tonight, (N/N)?" Levy asked once they reached the table with Gajeel.

"Of course she ain't," Gajeel droned.

(Y/N) snapped, "And who said that?"

"Oh? So that means you're going?" He sarcastically tested, already knowing that he was already correct.