Acnologia's Son!Natsu x Reader: Forest Friends

A/N: Hi. Just wanted to let you know that I'm starting to work my way through requests. I've been updating one of my other works and writing a new one, so I'm slowly catching up. Thank you for the request!

-------

It was a regular request for (Y/N). All she had to do was get rid of some creature that drove all the animals out of the forest surrounding Hargeon. Gajeel had offered to go with her, saying that it beat "sitting in the corner watching idiots ruin the place." It wasn't unlike him to tag along. They were friends after all. It worked out well: (Y/N) had a special interest in dragon slayers and figuring out how their magic worked and their past experience with dragons, and Gajeel answered all her questions to shut her up. She learned a lot from her conversations with the iron dragon slayer, and she enjoyed when he would come with her. Laxus wasn't any help with these things, and Wendy was always busy with Gray, Lucy and Erza, so Gajeel was her best option.

"Are you coming? I ain't waiting all day for your slow ass."

(Y/N) shook the distraction out of her head and quickly jogged to catch up to him.

"What do you think we'll find in the forest, Gajeel?"

"How the hell am I supposed to know? Probably some weird bear or some crap like that."

The (H/C) haired girl giggled at his irritated tone and teased him by pinching one of his cheeks until he glared at her. They arrived at the edge of the forest, and they decided to split up. Gajeel said it was to cover twice as much ground at a time, but (Y/N) knew that it was really because he could only take so much of her at one time. She started towards the middle of the forest, weaving around trees and bushes, careful to pay attention to any sounds or evidence that something was there.

She made it to the center of the forest and stopped. Her eyes scanned the area, noting the absence of animals and any sign of life other than the trees and small flowers. Something caused a twig to snap off to the side, and her ears perked up at the noise. Eyes darted over to the source of the noise. She saw a shadow walking away. Thinking it was Gajeel meeting up with her, she called out after the figure and stopped right behind him. The figure looked over his shoulder and stared at her with piercing eyes. This wasn't Gajeel.

"Um, hi," she awkwardly greeted. "I didn't realize anyone else was in the forest. Are you also on this request?"

"What are you talking about?" The figure spoke, black eyes staring into her soul.

"What guild are you from?"

The figure turned to fully face her and crossed his arms. Small beams of light leaked through the top layer of trees, and the sunlight illuminated patches of pink hair on the figure's head. They seemed to study each other, both gauging each other's next move.

"What are you doing in the forest?" The figure spoke.

"I'm here for the request. Something is making the animals--"

A small rabbit hopped into view, and the figure flicked his finger, a small ball of fire sparking out and hitting the rabbit, making it squeal and dart through the bushes and out of sight. (Y/N)'s mouth parted as she stared at him.

"Is that all you want?" He drawled. "Or are you supposed to do something about it?"

"You're the cause of all this? Why would you do that to all the animals?"

"I'm making room."

"...For what? It's just you."

"My father will be landing soon, and he needs a lot of room."

"How much room could one person--"

"Dragon."

"Okay, how much room could a dragon possibly...did you just say dragon?"