Natsu x Reader: Camping

A/N: So I said this is a modern AU, but the only modern thing is the car, so I guess you could just pretend it was a train or something to keep in in the FT Universe. Anyway, enjoy!

"Come on, (Y/N). It'll be fun!"

"You said that last time," (Y/N) muttered.

"But this time I promise it will be. It's not like any other camping trip at all. I found this cool spot by the mountains that we can use."

(Y/N) reluctantly agreed and turned back into the bedroom to start packing. Natsu quickly joined her and started to gather necessary camping supplies from all around the house.

"You better not forget the sleeping bags this time," (Y/N) warned.

She heard a nervous laugh from the other room, and a few seconds later he held out the sleeping bags to show her that he had them.

"Are we going with anyone this time?"

"Nope! It's just us. I figured it could be like a date camping trip or something."

(Y/N) smiled wide and continued to pack some snacks and extra blankets. They had finished gathering everything, and after a couple of trips, Natsu was able to pack up the car and wave (Y/N) over.

"This is gonna be fun. Just you watch."

------------------------------------------------------

It was about an hour ride to get to the mountains, and they were almost there. (Y/N) quietly sang along with the radio as she drove while Natsu tried to sleep. The roads were dark, only being lit up by the headlights. There were no streetlights, and it looked like they were far away from any buildings, so their headlights would have to do. She looked at the GPS for the directions, but her eyes widened when she saw that the GPS was having a hard time picking up a signal. (Y/N) pulled over to the side of the road and waited for the GPS to connect again and breathed out in relief when it found their location again.

"Oh thank god."

She looked over to her side to see Natsu sleeping peacefully. A smile formed on her face as she watched how all his muscles were relaxed. They had no sign of being tense, and his face was something she could stare at all day. The car hit a dip in the dirt road and jolted. (Y/N) silently cursed when she saw that Natsu was starting to wake up.

"Sorry hun. I didn't see it in the dark."

His voice sounded like a rumble as he quietly eased, "Don't worry about it. You deserve some company anyway."

He adjusted his seat back up and sat up straight. After stretching his arms in front of him, he turned to (Y/N) and smiled.

"You excited yet?"

"A little. It's been a long time since we've done something like this."

Natsu chuckled and reached over to grab the hand that gripped the gear shift. He started to run his thumb over it before adjusting the radio with his other hand.

"We're gonna have so much fun."

(Y/N) giggled, saying that he had been saying that the whole time. Natsu looked out his window and pointed out a couple of deer that were standing in the grass. (Y/N) slowed the car down and watched them raise their heads before they got spooked and hopped away.

"Hey can we pull over for a sec? I gotta pee."

(Y/N) sighed and pulled off to the side of the road, turning off the engine and pushing him out of the car. A few minutes later, Natsu returned to the car and sat back in his seat.