Nastu x Reader x Sting: Unknown [requested]

A/N: Thank you to Bishamonten09 for the request!

*******

There was Fairy Tail. There was Sabertooth. And then there was Fairy Tail again. This is, of course, touching on the dynamic between the three wizards: (Y/N), Sting, Natsu.

She had met Sting at the Grand Magic Games. He was, to say the least, a jerk at first. Pompous asshole. An aggravating foe. But that changed over the course of the Games. He had learned what really mattered, he had learned to hold the things and people he loved close. So, when he realized that he held strong feelings for the (H/C) haired wizard, everything seemed that much more surprising. They were practically strangers, acquaintances at best. Their friendship had, however, quickly sparked once Sting had moved on from being the irritating asswipe that he was before.

(Y/N) had known Natsu since they were kids. She grew up around his overly-energetic antics, all the brawls that he would start, all the jokes he told. She was there for all of it. LIsanna's disappearance, their reunion with their close friend. Gildarts' "fights" with them (which was, as you can probably deduce, a one sided match, having both of them being overpowered by the S-class wizard's single fist). So when he realized that he had strong feelings for the (H/C) haired wizard, it felt like no surprise to him. He accepted those feelings. Hell, he knew how he felt for a long time. He could confidently take it a step further and say that he was in love with her. Which made it hard.

Sting would come to visit any chance he got. Abandoning his master duties, the blond dragon slayer would purposely take requests in and near Magnolia, picking up the requests that the owners held back from the destructive guild in their own town. She would greet him with a wide smile and bring him in for a hug, quickly engaging in conversation with him.

Natsu noticed. He noticed every single time. Every smile, every giggle, every hug. She was usually easy to read, but this...this was different. He couldn't figure out what was going on between them. Were they friends? Were they...more? He would shake his head, curse at himself for jumping to quick conclusions, reasoning that she would surely tell him if they were.

Sting gave a wide smile towards the young wizard, his blue eyes holding her (E/C) ones. (Y/N) led him over to a far table where the two sat down. Natsu propped his head up on his hand as he watched them closely.

She would tell him...right?

"Why are you staring at them like that?"

Natsu's eyes slid over to the sound of Gray's voice and scoffed.

"What's it to you, frostbite?"

"You're acting creepy. I get that she's, like, your best friend or whatever. But chill."

"Mister Natsu," Wendy spoke up, "are you upset that Sting is here?"

"No," he quickly dismissed. "I was just wondering if she remembered that we had plans to go fishing later today."

"Seriously, smokey? I think it can wait."

"Who asked you?"

Natsu was left alone once again, and he occupied himself by continuing to study the two in the corner.

"Natsu," Happy started as he wobbled over to the dragon slayer, "Lector is trying to take Charle away from me! She might go with him instead and leave me all alone."

"It's okay, Happy," Natsu chippered, trying to comfort his friend. "I don't think Charle has any interest in that guy anyway."

"You really think so?"

"Just follow your heart, little buddy."

Happy flew up to sit on the table by Natsu and started to pick at the plate of food that went untouched. The exceed looked at Natsu to see that he was completely focused on something in the distance. When he looked, he saw the Sabertooth dragon slayer joking with (Y/N). He looked back to Natsu and then to the couple once more.