Natsu x Mermaid!Genie!Reader: Wish Pt. 2 [requested]

A/N: Thank you to @alejandraC2003 for the request! Sorry for the big delays everyone. It's been a long month.

*******

It had been a couple months, and everyone welcomed (Y/N) immediately. They would gather around her and listen to the stories that she told, some about herself and others that the past sailors had told on the ships.

(Y/N) had gotten close to everyone, but she was closest with the trio that saved her. She had, as promised, granted Happy's wish, and he loved every second of it. Other wishes would be granted, but nothing as serious as the ones that the sailors asked for. They were all little wishes.

"I wish I could find the perfect book."

"I wish I had longer hair."

"I wish we're having my favorite food for dinner."

"I wish I could win this bet."

But there was one person who never wished for anything. And that was the fire dragon slayer that saved her. He would stay quiet around those times, and he wouldn't express any desire to have something happen.

-------

It was another month later, and (Y/N) had agreed to accompany Lucy, Natsu and Happy on a request. Go to Hargeon, collect some fish, help an old man carry the fish to his market. Easy enough.They travelled by train, and (Y/N) readily awaited the wish of the dragon slayer to ease his motion sickness, but none came.

The same happened once they were met with the overwhelming amount of fish that they were tasked with carrying. The requester asked (Y/N) to dive in and fix the nets, so she quickly called on her tail and darted through the water to untangle the contraption before they pulled it up. She emerged from the water and helped pull the nets up, and the fish flopped on the port.

Lucy grabbed one end of the net and started to drag it over towards the opening of the port, but she struggled to lift the weight of the fish.

So.

"Hey (N/N), you think you could help a girl out?"

She gave a quick 'of course' before her hands twinkled in a gold dust. (E/C) eyes closed, and Lucy took over the golden glow. A second later, the dust disappeared, and Lucy smiled gratefully before continuing to drag the nets with no problem.

(Y/N) turned to see that Natsu was dragging another set of nets, so she approached him and smiled brightly.

"Do you want me to grant you a wish, too?"

Natsu just shook his head, gave a 'no thanks,' and tightened his hold in the net. (Y/N)'s lips pressed into a line, but she silently grabbed the third net and followed her teammates' leads. When they arrived at the market, they all let out loud breaths, forcing themselves to sit up against a nearby wall as they tried to catch their breath.

"Natsu," came (Y/N)'s hesitant voice, "how come you didn't want any help? Those nets were really heavy."

"Figured I could use it as part of my training," he dismissed.

"Yeah, okay," Lucy sarcastically spoke. "Sure Natsu, your training. Not anything to do with not asking for help and wanting to do it yourself?"

Natsu huffed and reached behind him, wiggling out of the backpack that he was carrying and rummaging through it to pull out a small group of fish.

"Totally snuck these from the net," he mischievously revealed. "Who wants one?"

"You're not supposed to steal them!"