Natsu x Reader: Insomnia

"Natsu, are you still awake?"

Natsu hummed as he shifted slightly. (Y/N) had placed her head on Natsu's back and gripped the back of his shirt. Natsu eventually turned around to see that her face was twisting with pain.

"What's wrong?" Natsu breathed.

"I can't fall asleep."

Natsu pulled his arm from under the blankets and held her head before gently stroking her hair. (Y/N) nestled closer into his chest and tightened her hold on his back. She could feel him stop moving his arm as his breathing slowed. (Y/N) sighed before closing her eyes and trying to sleep again, but nothing worked. She gently poked Natsu's nose.

"Natsu?"

The dragon slayer groaned as he lazily opened his eyes and stared at the (H/C) girl. He wrapped the blankets around her and placed his head on top of hers.

"Natsu--"

"Close your eyes," Natsu whispered. "You gotta try to sleep."

"But I can't sleep."

Natsu pulled her even closer and kissed her forehead. (Y/N) could tell that he had fallen asleep again and laid there, wide awake. She eventually unwrapped herself from her boyfriend and silently padded her way to the kitchen to make some tea. The wizard quietly sat at the table and slowly sipped her tea in hopes of it making her want to fall asleep. She finished her tea and let out a frustrated sigh when she didn't feel any more tired. (Y/N) stood over the sink as she screwed her eyes shut in an attempt to force herself to want to sleep. She jumped when she felt something on her back.

"Shh. It's just me," Natsu softly spoke.

Natsu had hugged her from behind with his arms wrapped around her waist. He rested his head on her shoulder and started to carefully rock them as he kissed her cheek.

"Did I wake you?"

Natsu silently shook his head before turning her around and hugging her loosely. (Y/N) breathed lightly as they continued to sway. He led them to the couch where they quietly talked for a while. (Y/N) cuddled with the dragon slayer as they joked. She turned to the fire mage and told him that she was ready to sleep now. He grinned and joined her in the bed, instinctively wrapping his arm around her. (Y/N) seemed to immediately fall asleep, bringing a smile to Natsu's face. He felt her breathing slow and looked down to see a small smile. He closed his eyes and tried falling asleep again, but he couldn't seem to get to sleep.

"Great," Natsu groaned. "Now I can't sleep."